Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(GG) Chapter 12

Once everyone had eaten, Tate announced that their was still too much soft mud to travel and that they should stay here for one more night. Neither Nick nor Andy objected, it would be nice to steal another night in a bed. There was still a lot that they needed to do in town, and it would of taken them all day anyway. Nick sent Andy out to buy more supplies so they could leave in the morning right away, and then with the help of Tate, she went back to the stables to keep Boss and Goliath company. Rock hadn't appeared the entire meal, and Tate told them that he was probably in the other saloon, talking with his waitress friend.

"You don't have to stand here and watch me, Tate." Nick said as she brushed down Goliath.

Boss was so excited that they had returned, that he had danced around Nick's feet until she got to Goliath's stall. As soon as she stepped in the dog, took a seat and waited. Tate was impressed that the dog knew not to go into the stable, of course, he was impressed with a lot of things the dog did. Had it not been for him, he probably would of gotten Nick killed at the pass. He dropped his head thinking about what he had almost done. He felt bad, that's why he was buying her new boots. There just had to be a way he could make up for his behavior. He didn't understand why he felt like he had to make it up, but Nick had been nothing but kind to him since they had met. She had her moments of officious behavior, but he had come to realize that she only meant it from the best of places.

Somehow, he had come to like Andy and even Rock a bit as well. At first he thought Andy to be a stuttering fool, but now he knew that he was a genius when it came to horses. He had looked over his horse, and just the way she stood, he could tell that she was feeling much better. As for Rock, even though he had yelled at him for it, he was a little proud that he had stood up for Nick at the saloon. He yelled at him more for the fact that he was embarrassed that he hadn't had the guts to stand up to the large man. They shouldn't of brought such attention on them, but it was a worst fate to know you didn't stand up for your friend.

Looking up, Nick was smiling at him. "What?"

"You were thinking." She laughed, "I don't know why I find that funny, I guess I didn't take you much for the thinking type."

Tate crossed his arms, "What exactly does that mean?"

She shrugged and continued brushing Goliath, "Nothing, you just seem like the type that goes on his instincts and worries about the consequences later."

He gave a nod, "I'm going to get a drink." Turning around, he headed out of the stable.

"Tate?"

"Yeah?" He answered, turning to face her.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You can ask, doesn't mean I have to answer it."

Nick gave a partial grin, "Why did you continue being a…" She racked her mind for a word that wouldn't offend him.

"Killer? Murderer? Hired gun?"

"Alright." Nick nodded.

"I told you after I killed the man that killed my father, I was branded, there was no where else to go."

Nick stopped brushing Goliath, and turned completely around to look at him. "Tate, you know that's hog wash."

He rose an eyebrow.

"You could of went to California or down south even, killing one man, you would of only been searched out in this area."

He stared at her for a moment, and swallowed. "I got caught up with Oscar and Dusty, and…"

"So you wanted to continue being a criminal, is that it?"

"I was young and naïve, and I thought I was indestructible." He answered, "I never thought it would come to the point where I was one of the most sought after men in the area, and would never have a moments peace."

"Why don't you just leave, head as far away from here as possible?"

Tate smiled, "I was, but that's when I met you."

"You were?"

"I was heading out to California, was going to find a nice place to build a home and just live out my days." He frowned, "Unfortunately, I saw a gal getting attacked by a couple wolves, and I stopped to help her out. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't of been taken in by the sheriff."

Nick grinned, "Why did you take my offer, if you wanted to leave?"

He pressed his lips together, and thought for a moment, "Guess I thought I owed you."

"I owed you for helping me with the wolves."

"Dunno, Nick. I just did." Tate didn't say anymore, just turned and left the stable.

Nick watched him leave, and then sighed. She had lived her life around people that loved her and wanted her company, but she had also come to know men who were hired for the drive. Men much like Tate, who travel from one place to another looking for work, she always felt so sorry for them. They seemed so lonely, and the loneliness had begun to make them believe that they didn't need anyone. No one needs others, but it makes like easier and better.

She thought about how Tate had offered to carry her across the mud, and that a few days ago he would of told her to get her feet muddy. Today, she saw something that she had never seen in him before, the willingness to be her friend. She didn't know how long it would last, this new Tate that she had found, or even how long they could remain as such. Nick just knew that for a moment today, Tate was the man he was long before Oscar and Dusty. She could see that under all the darkness he tried to carry around him, was a good decent man. Her question was only, why would this good decent man allow himself to become a known killer?

---***---
When night fell on the town of Heaton, Nick found herself back at the inn. Luckily, most of the strangers who had rode into town the night before had left and there were plenty of beds to go around. Coming into the inn, she was greeted by the same smile of the woman from the night before. Rock and Andy sat in chairs waiting for her to show up.

Tate had helped her across the mud once more, but hadn't spoken a word to her. He was already heading up the stairs by the time she had her hat off. Nick smiled at Rock and Andy.

"Guess, we get to sleep in the inn tonight." Rock said with a hint of disappointment.

"Rock, why don't you go sleep at the brothel." She pulled out some coins for him, and placed them in his hand. "I doubt a man your size would fit right in the beds they have here."

Rock grinned, "You're alright, Nick."

Before she could answer he was out the door, and Andy shook his head. "I don't kn-know how that m-man gets his pants on in th-the morning."

"Andy, be nice." She giggled, and turned to the female inn keeper, "Two rooms, please."

The lady nodded, and reached around to grab two keys. Nick handed her the money, and then gave Andy his
key.

As they walked up the stairs, Nick remembered her boots. "Andy, did you pick up my boots?"

He shook his head, "Uh, no, Tate t-took them from me and said he w-would deal with it."

"Why would he do that?"

Andy shrugged as he reached his door, "Don't kn-know, Nick. But odds are they will be d-done tomorrow, otherwise he wouldn't of s-said we are leaving then."

Nick nodded, "Goodnight."

"Night." He opened his door and disappeared into the room.

Finding her room, she unlocked the door, and stepped inside. When the door was shut behind her, she locked it and started to undress herself. There was nothing in the world like being able to sleep in comfort. She hated having to sleep outside, especially with the three men. Leaving only, her shirt on, she crawled into bed, and fell fast asleep.

---***---
Walking up the stairs, Tate held in his hands the new boots. The inn keeper told him which room she was in, and he wondered if she was even awake. He had wanted to leave Heaton before dawn, but realized that wouldn't of been possible with Nick's shoes in the shop. He had waited outside the store, until the man arrive. As promised they were ready, and as soon as Tate took them, he began to wonder if Nick would even want a new pair. Maybe, she loved her old pair. Perhaps, her father had given them to her. What if she didn't want these or if they were uncomfortable?

Tate shook his head, who cared, these are what she's got now and she has to deal with that. He told him, as he knocked on the door. There was no answer, and so he knocked even harder.

The door slowly opened, Nick's hair was a mess and her shirt was not tucked into her pants. It looked like she had just pulled the pants on to answer the door. She rubbed her eyes gently, and looked up at Tate.

"Morning." She mumbled, "Is it time to go already?"

"Rock and Andy are ready to go, we've been waiting on your boots." He offered them to her, and Nick took them without even looking.

"Thank you. I'll be right down." With that she shut the door.

Tate swallowed, she didn't even notice that they were new boots. He didn't know if he felt relieved or angry that his good gesture went unnoticed. He took a deep breath, she was half asleep, she will notice eventually. After all, she ain't blind.

He started down the hall, when he heard his name called. Turning around Nick ran down the hallway, holding the boots.

"These aren't mine, you must have been given the wrong ones."

He smiled, "No, I had him make you a new pair. The old ones weren't going to take much more, and a repair wasn't going to do you any good."

Nick looked down at them and then back up at him, questioningly.

"He fit them to your old boots, so they should fit just fine. He used really good leather, and… well, it's for buying me my supplies a while back."

"I thought the room the night before was for that."

Tate glared, "I've got to get back to Andy and Rock." With that, he quickly walked down the hall and turned the corner to go down the stairs.

Nick smiled, and looked at the boots. Was an awful nice gesture for him to worry about her boots, she remembered she hadn't thanked him for it. Somehow, she imagined that he wasn't one for thank you's.

Back in her room, she dressed and headed out to the stables.

Rock smiled when she entered, "Have a good rest?"

Nick was normally the first one awake on the ranch, so the fact that she had slept in so late, was both humorous and confusing to Rock and Andy.

"It was alright, and you?"

Rock's smile widened, "You know I did."

Of course, that was until he found out that Jezebel was married. He didn't like to sleep with attached women, because that didn't just cause the old church ladies to glare and point. That would make a man come after him, and probably kill him. It got worse when he discovered that the man he fought in the saloon with was her husband. The man already had a reason to kill him, and now he had slept with his wife, twice!

He wasn't about to tell Nick that though, there was no reason to worry her about such things. Jezebel wouldn't tell her husband, and hopefully no one at the brothel would either.

"Well, let's get going. I've had enough of this town." Nick said, as she pulled Goliath from his stall.

Andy agreed.

When she got Goliath saddled up and outside, she mounted him and smiled at Tate. He was already mounted and ready to head out, his eyes went down to her boots. She was wearing them, and wasn't throwing a fit about it. So, he guessed it was all in all a good deed done by him. Looking back up, Nick was smiling at him again.

"What?"

Shaking her head, she chuckled, "Nothing, Tate, nothing. Let's go."
"We should be in Redrock in six days, if we ride with no more wasted days."

Everyone nodded to tell them they understood.

They were back on the south path, and heading towards Redrock. Nick's thoughts made her wonder if in Redrock, she would find what she needed to put her father's death to rest. She had to know why this Brody man had killed him, and she needed him to suffer. He may not of pulled the trigger, but Nick knew without him, her father would still be alive today. Instead of riding with a killer and her two friends, she would be out in the fields right now caring for the cattle.

Teresa would be calling them for dinner later on, and Hank would be getting Rock all bunched up over how bad of a rancher he was. The twins would be silent still, but working just as hard as everyone else.

She missed them, her family. She missed when Teresa called her missy, or when she did a good job and Hank patted her on the back. He never understood his own strength and would almost knock her over, but she kept her ground not wanting to appear weak. She missed that she would never again go to the Honeycomb Festival and dance with the twins and her father.

But most of all, she missed him, the man who had always made her feel right about the world. Her father's voice was nothing but a memory now, and with each passing day, she swore she was losing it. How could something so menial be so important now? She missed the way he would hug her no matter what she had done, and the way he always knew something was wrong, no matter how well she hide it. She missed his wise words, and the way he would always push her harder then she wanted.

Thinking about him made her feel ashamed for what she was doing, but even that wasn't going to stop her. Someone needed to be punished for the lives that were taken that night. Her entire family was gone. Teresa had raised her, Hank was a second father, and the twins were her brothers. She was lucky that she didn't loose Andy and Rock, she needed them. They kept her standing and moving forward, if it hadn't been for them, waiting for her to tell them what to do. She would of just laid down and died, but they needed her, as much as she needed them. They both had lost their families before, only to lose another one.

It was a wonder that the three were in such deep pain, and yet the strength they believed was in each other is what kept them moving. They pulled their wills from watching the other one continue on, never knowing that the other person was doing the same. She was glad they had followed her, it proved how much they truly cared. She wasn't just the boss's daughter, she was their friend and their leader. Words would never describe how they could lead each other forward, when no one was leading to begin with.

---***---
No wonder these fools hadn't caught Norcliff by now, they refused to camp outside. How can you stay on a trail if you are constantly leaving it to sleep at a brothel? Avery was scared that Norcliff might actually be smart enough to elude them all these years, and it turned out these morons weren't even trying. Everyday they would wander off a trail, that Dale said was there, to ride into the nearest town. It would take them anywhere from a couple hours to a few days to find the trail again.

Somehow, he got that feeling that Dale had lost the trail long ago. They would be entering Redrock in three days. He could only hope that that was indeed where Nick was riding too. The questions still circled his mind as to why she would do this. What would make her want to set free a killer and ride away with him? He knew that she thought he was innocent of the crimes in Blue Hills, and he could of understood why she would of freed him. He just didn't know why she felt the urge to leave with him.

He remembered her telling him that she was going to be leaving Honeycomb soon, and occasionally he wondered if it was possible that she hadn't ran away with him. Perhaps, she and her two friends released him and rode off in separate directions. It didn't explain why there were tracks of four horses up until the pass. Well, after the cave there were really only one set, maybe Nick split up with him at the fork.

He sighed, there were a lot of maybes and perhaps in this. Avery wanted to be wrong, and Nick just rode away from Honeycomb. Her, Rock, and Andy deciding there was nothing left for them there but bad memories. After going on the drives for so many years, she knew of a lot of towns and other places she might want to live. But what would she do there? Why would she of left Honeycomb? It was her home.

He knew why, she had nothing to keep her there. Avery had treated her like she was simply some confused girl who didn't understand her role in life. If anyone understood her role, it was her. Nick knew exactly who she was and what she wanted since they were children. He liked that, no he loved that about her. She made up her mind and there was no changing it, had he been a accepting of the truth, she would be in his arms today. But he gave her no reason to want him, only reasons to despise his existence. Who was he to think she would agree to marriage simply because he had set a date?

Nick was her own person, that could never be broken. Someone strong, and willing to accept was the only man who would ever be able to wed her. What a lucky man that would be. If he ever found her, he was dead certain that he would show her that he could be that man. He would ride right back with her to Honeycomb help her buy back the ranch with every cent he had. If she needed him to stop being the sheriff and help at the ranch, he damn well would. He'd do anything, anything at all to make her understand that he had loved her long before she was a woman. He loved her when they were children playing after church, and nearly crying when their parents called them to go home. They were friends once, and he accepted her then. What then made him think he had to change her now?

"Having a good think?" Paul said, sitting down at the table with an ale in his hand.

Avery nodded, "Just praying for Nicolette."

"Boy, I don't want to break your spirit or nothing. I just doubt that Norcliff would keep a hostage this long, if he hasn't released her then she's dead by now." Paul took a gulp of his ale.

"You trying to get me to go home?" Avery crossed his arm.

"No, trying to make you understand."

"Understand, what?"

Paul shrugged, "Gil had a wife and three children, he was away a lot, but always couldn't wait to get home. Came home one day after being gone for a year hunting Norcliff, and his wife was with another man. Turned out his children weren't his, least that is what she said." Paul took another drink, "See, if that had been Dale he would of beat that woman until she near died, hell he might of even killed her. I was there when Gil found out, he didn't hit her, nothing. Just looked at her, while she yelled at him. Without any anger in his voice, he said 'I love you.' and then we left, haven't been back since."

Avery dropped his eyes, "Sad story."

"Gil still ain't over it nearly six years later, man still says her name when he sleeps. Always picks whores that look like her, and he probably will never let it go. A good love will let you live good life with a lot of happy moments. A bad love will make you live a real long time, regretting but wanting every moment back."

"Why are you telling me this?"

Paul glared at him for a moment, "Because if your Nicolette is still alive, then she's been riding as Norcliff's partner this whole time. Now, I ain't one for killing women, Dale is, but not me. So, I have to ask you do you have a good love or a bad love with her?"

Avery rose an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"If you have a good love then you'll be able to take sense into her head, make her say she didn't want to go with him. Make her believe she was just sweet talked by the bastard. If you got a bad love then she just might stick it out with Norcliff, and 'friad you'll have to live a long life like Gil. Running the memories over in your head of what you did wrong, and what you could of done different. Won't matter none, cause she'll have hung long ago."

"I can't answer that question, it's up to her, ain't it?"

Paul smiled, and pat his back. "It always is." Standing up he walked over to Gil's table and sat down.

Avery took a deep breath trying to understand what Paul had been saying to him. If Nick didn't listen to him,
then she would die. He knew that much already, but what did Paul mean by saying that he had to make her believe she was tricked into it. He shook his head, and took a drink. Paul was giving him time to find the words he would need to change Nick's mind. He didn't like the man, but at least he was decent enough to let him know that he knew the truth. Nick was with Norcliff, but Paul was going to give him the opportunity to change her mind.

---***---
It was getting late and Nick knew that they would camp as soon as the sun had gone. It was still high enough in the sky for them to ride another two hours, but already she missed the comfort of the inn's bed. She had seen signs of a nearby city, such as farms and a few houses, but knew it would be far to dangerous to ride in.

As they approached several hills, she thought she saw movement atop of one in the distance. Boss, also, sense the nearby intruder and went into his alert pose. Nick looked at Rock and Andy and pointed towards the hill, she didn't want to say anything in case someone nearby could hear her. Tate was too far ahead to notice that they had slowed down, and continued riding forward.

Nick watched carefully to see if the man she had seen earlier was just working or waiting on them. She had learned long ago that you can never be to careful, when it comes to strangers. It was odd then that she was so trusting of them, but upon a horse she was nothing but a target. The added danger of Tate's bounty had brought about a greater need of caution. She moved her eyes between Boss and the hills, he would tell her if he smelt someone else in the distance.

It came from no where, and the sound echoed in every direction. But when it faded, Andy fell from his horse. His upper back slammed into the ground with a loud thud, and his foot remained caught in the stirrup. Nick grabbed her rifle and tried to locate where the gun man was. Both Rock and Tate pulled their guns and began searching the hills.

"Andy, are you alright?" Nick asked.

"Oh God." He whimpered, looking down at his abdomen. He pulled his shirt up to look at the wound, it had just grazed his left side. "Yeah." He placed his hand over the wound, and stood up while he pulled out his gun with his other hand.

Tate fired his gun, and everyone watched as a man fell atop of the hill.

Nick looked at Boss, who was staring in the other direction. She turned her horse around and spotted a man standing behind a barn.

"Show yourself or we'll shoot!" Nick yelled.

His hands went up into the air and he walked towards them, he was unarmed. When he got halfway to them, another shot rang out. Rock fired straight ahead of them. When the third shot fired from their invisible foe, Tate took notice of the small shack in front of them. He could of sworn he saw a rifle barrel being pulled back from the window.

"Fire at the shack." Tate ordered.

Nick kept her rifle on the man from behind the barn, as Rock, Andy, and Tate fired all their rounds into the shack. They waited and there was no response from the gunman inside.

From the looks of it, this farm had been abandon long ago. The shack had probably been a storage shed for tools, and the old house a little ways back looked like it needed more then a few repairs.

"Who are you?" Nick asked.

"We thought you was the law, honest we did." He said, when he talked he showed his was missing his two front teeth. "You killed them." He mumbled and looked towards the shack.

"They were trying to kill us." Tate barked.

"Go on, get out of here." Nick ordered, and the man ran away towards the abandon house. "You alright, Andy?"
"Yeah, barely g-got me."

"Let me see." Nick ordered, and he walked over beside her, holding up his shirt.

It had ripped through his skin, just above his hip. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. He needed to have a doctor look at it, and bandage it up.

"We should ride into town…"

"No." Tate snapped, "It's too dangerous."

"He needs to see a doctor." She glared at him, "I'll ride in with him, and you and Rock wait outside the city a ways. It won't take long for it to be cleaned and wrapped up."

"It ain't that bad, I've lived through worse without a doctor." Tate argued.

"Get on your horse, Andy, we are going into town. Should be one nearby." Nick said, completely ignoring Tate.

"Damn it all, woman. You can't be taking…"

"Tate, do you know which way the town is or are you going to make us search?"

He rose a fist and held it there, not in a threatening way but seeming like he was going to punch the back of his horse's head. He didn't, he dropped his fist and glared. "It's to the west of here. Rock and I will ride with you, and then wait outside."

"Sounds like a good plan." She smiled, and started to the west.

---***---
It wasn't a small town, but it wasn't as big as Heaton either. As they rode in, they got several stares. Nick wasn't sure if it was because of her, or that Andy's shirt was turning red. He was bleeding an awful lot, and it didn't seem to be slowing down any. The doctor's house was on the edge of town, and they had been offered the directions by an elderly woman who had passed them by.

Nick knocked on the door, and a small middle aged woman answered.

"Yes?"

"My friend here has been shot, is the doctor in?"

She gave a nod, and stood out of the way of the door. Andy had walked up slowly behind her, and Nick stood aside to allow him in.

The woman showed him into the examine room, and sent Nick to the kitchen for some tea. She entered with a smile, as Nick sat at the table.

"It'll be a while, the doctor is going to clean it up and see what needs to be done."

Nick nodded, "Alright, thank you."

"My name is Elisabeth Dyson." She smiled, as she put the kettle on the stove.

"Nicolette Beldin." After she answered, Nick realized that might not of been the smartest thing to have done.

"What a beautiful name. Is that your husband in there?"

Nick shook her head, "No, kind of like my brother."

Elisabeth nodded, "He'll be just fine, he was very lucky that it wasn't a couple inches to his right."

"Would have been luckier if it was a couple inches to his left."

She chuckled, "Indeed he would have. Was it thieves?"

Nick nodded, "Yeah over by the abandoned farm, not to far outside town."

"My goodness, they are getting worse and worse everyday. We've been trying to get them to leave, but they just won't. I'm starting to fret that it might have to lead to their deaths."

"We shot two of them." Nick replied.

She hung her head, "That's real sad, I was hoping it would end peacefully. I guess sometimes people just won't listen to reason. God bless their souls." Turning around, she took the kettle off the stove and grabbed two cups from a armoire behind her.

She made the tea, and then placed one cup in front of Nick. "There is so much crime in this area, that I just don't know how we'll be able to solve it all. We don't have nearly enough lawmen to take care of them all. Why just last Sunday two men were killed outside town. On a Sunday, the Lord's day, can you believe that?"

Nick shook her head, "Some people have no respect."

"So, what are you two doing riding out here?"

"We are on our way down to Texas, going to start a new life." Nick lied.

"Why would a young gal like yourself need a new life?"

Nick frowned, "My pa was killed a few weeks back, and I just couldn't look at my home the same again." She took a gulp of her tea.

Elisabeth frowned, "I'm sorry to hear that, darling."

The front door opened, and Elisabeth stood up and looked into the hallway. Nick nearly spit out her tea, when she saw the star pinned to his chest. He was tall with broad shoulders, and thick arms. His hair was black and he looked as if he hadn't shaved in a couple days.

"We've got a hurt one, Lizzy." He said, "Man from the abandon farm, seems someone came and shot them for no damn good reason."

"That's not true." Nick barked and stood up. "They shot my friend first, he only got what was coming to him." She didn't know why she did that, it might not of even been the same place.

The sheriff was a little taken back by her interruption, "Sorry ma'am, but his friend told us that some strangers just rode in there and shot him. I thought it was some of the town folk taking matters into their own hands."

Nick calmed herself, "Well it wasn't. We were just riding through, and they started shooting."

"Your friend alright?" he asked.

Elisabeth answered, "He'll be fine, he got lucky. Bring him in, Ty." When he left she turned to look at him, "That was a little unnecessary don't you think, missy?"

Nick sat down and looked down at her cup, "Sorry, ma'am. I just didn't want to be accused of something that we didn't do."

She gave a nod, as Ty brought in the injured man. "Come in here." She pulled open the curtain and Nick could see Andy sitting in a chair while the doctor looked at his wound.

The sheriff walked into the kitchen once he was down, and looked Nick over. He took a seat where Elisabeth
had been sitting.

"You say you are your friend did that?"

Nick nodded and took a sip of tea.

"Ty, dear, you can drink that tea there, I haven't touched it yet." Elisabeth stuck her head out and then pulled it back in.

"Thank you, Misses Dyson."

"He probably won't live, man has six shots in him. Had the shack been alive it would damn near be dead now too."

Nick crossed her arms, "He shot my friend, and he continued to shot."

"Alright, guess there is no sense in reasoning with you."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

He shrugged, "Means whatever you would like it to, ma'am."

She took a drink of her tea, and Ty did the same.

"What's your name?"

"Nick." She answered.

"Nick what?"

She frowned, and then looked towards the curtain. "Sheriff, I ain't got no interest in staying around here, so let's just not pretend that you need to remember my name for the next time we meet."

He held up his hands, "Alright, I just like to know who is in my town."

"As soon as my friend is patched up, we are leaving, so you need not worry."

Ty stared at her for a moment, "It's dark out now, you are going to leave during the night?"

Nick nodded, "We will camp outside town, as I said you needn't worry."

He drank down the rest of the tea and stood up, "Then I won't suspect to see you tomorrow, good evening, ma'am." He walked out into the hallway, and onto the porch where a man waited for him.

"There is a man inside shot by the man we brought here." Ty said.

Nick could hear him through the window, that he didn't know was open.

"Looks like one of the men from the fliers, Andrew something. Man from the farm said that there was four of them, I'll bet Norcliff and the third are waiting for them outside. She says she's leaving tonight, so we'll follow her out."

"You sure that's him, Sheriff?"

He nodded, "Gal says her name is Nick, fliers say that they have a Nicolette. She won't give me her whole name."

Elisabeth opened the curtain and smiled, "Where is the sheriff?"

Nick pointed at the door.

She opened the door, and stepped out. "It doesn't look good sheriff. Doubt he'll live through the night."

Ty sighed, "Alright, Lizzy."

As she turned to step back in, Ty grabbed her, "Hey, that girl tell you her name?"

"Nicolette Beldin." Lizzy answered, "Why?"

"No reason, let them get out of her as soon as possible."

"When he is ready they will be released." She told him, and then stepped back inside.

Nick watched them walk off the porch and climb on their horses, she had no idea what she was going to do. She had to think fast, she couldn't just lead them to Tate. And what were these fliers he was talking about with Andy on them? She sighed, she hated when Tate was right. She should of just let Andy heal on his own.