Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(CMS:BT) Chapter 17

Corliss' heart pounded as she stepped within the cramped, closest-like changing room. She leaned against the make-up stand and looked into the mirror. Even though Trent didn't have any physical changes, she could smell the chemical changes within. She wondered if it was strong enough that the pups could tell. Even though pups had a naturally stronger sense of smell, the chemical changes of a kine were rarely detected by them. Though in the latter stages; it was all too potent.

There was no doubt left in her mind, Trent was becoming a kine, and she had no idea how to tell him. Marcellus told her not to and that he would deal with it when the time came. The time was drawing near, as was the uprise that was about to begin within the Macrea clan. Adriel either had to be told of the betrayal and of what she had done to Trent, or she would have to continue on with Marcellus' plan. She was afraid to tell Adriel, as he would have Trent killed, at least she had seen him do it before. He spared no sympathy to those that were turned without permission.

A light knock sounded at her door, and before she had given consent; it swung open. Trent shut the door behind him, before leaning against it as if that would stop Corliss from leaving.

She swallowed deeply, leaning her backside against the make-up stand. There had been doubt in his eyes when she repeated the story that Marcellus had forced her to rehearse. She had said the words so many times that they had lost their meaning until she had started to believe them at least.

"What the hell? I told you to leave me alone!" Corliss barked.

"Are you going to tell me what is going on, or do I have to force it out of you?" Trent folded his arms across his chest.

"I told you everything that I know, now please leave."

His defiant stance weakened, "Last I saw you, we were talking about making this relationship work, and now… I don't understand."

"Oh, please, as if I would ever have feelings for a human. I don't have to be your little love slave anymore. What we wanted to accomplish has been done. You are of no further use to me!" She could feel her heart slowly breaking as she spoke the words.

Trent heard her voice crack when she talked, "I don't believe you."

"Well, believe it, blood bag!"

Stepping forward, he gently grabbed both her hands and placed them on the make-up stand behind her. Pressing his body to her own, he felt Corliss shiver under his touch though she tried desperately to hide it. With her kine enhanced strength, she could have easily removed herself from his grasp, and she knew that she should. Trent's lips hovered above her own; she felt his breath on her upper lip.

"What has happened, Corliss?" He forced himself to speak instead of kiss her.

Staring into his dark eyes, her own eyes told of an internal struggle between heart and mind. "It's not something that humans or pups need worry themselves over, Trent. Just walk away."

"You didn't kill Rylan, did you?"

"As far as the kine are concerned, I did."

"I thought the kine punished murder with death."

Corliss nodded, "Yes, but because he was betraying us; they decided that such a severe punishment was not necessary."

"Why did you take the fall for his death?"

"Trent, there are some things that are best left unanswered. Just trust me, and say that I did it, please. It's important that you at least pretend to believe me."

He tried to locate any hint of dishonesty within her eyes, but there was none. "I don't think I can do that."

"When it's all over, you will understand. It's vital that you tell your captain that I was the killer."

For several minutes, he said nothing. His hands still pressing down against hers, and his body heated from the woman beneath him. "And us? What about that?"

"I'm sorry, Trent, but I can't…"

"Was it all a lie? Did you ever have any feelings for me, Corliss?"

She nodded her head, "Of course, I did, but you don't fully understand the circumstances. We can't…"

Trent placed two fingers over her lips. "I have spent the last two weeks convincing myself that you had no hold over me. Proving to both myself and Isaac that what we had was a fling that I could toss aside." He took a deep breath through his nose, "No one in my entire life has ever made me feel an entire spectrum of emotions like you have. I absolutely hate you, and no one else pisses me off as much as you do. And yet, there is no denying that I feel completely the opposite, because no one makes me happier either."

"You don't understand, Trent, there is more…" He covered her mouth with his hand.

"I walked into this studio today; knowing that I was over you. I had no doubt in my mind, and then I saw you. I realized then that I was just lying to myself this entire time. So, Corliss, tell me to go away. Tell me that you will never love me, and that you never want to see me again, and I will make it happen." He removed his hand from her mouth, his heart throbbing within his chest. In truth, he was terrified of what her answer would be. Both ideas he hated, but both he wanted.

Had he just confessed his love for her? Corliss wasn't certain, but it had made her change her mind about telling him of what she had done. She couldn't very well inform him that he was becoming the very thing he never wanted to be.

"How have you been feeling?" She asked.

Trent arched an eyebrow; a little shocked that she hadn't answered him. "I'm fine, why?"

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I have been having a lot of heart burn lately and lack of appetite, now that you mention it, uh why?"

Corliss swallowed, "You seem out of sorts is all." She had no idea why she had asked that question at that exact moment, as she had meant to confirm her love as well. Instead, concern for his well being seemed to be the only thing she could voice. She saw the confusion within his eyes, and then defeat as he took a step back.

"I… I won't bother you anymore, Corliss." He looked to his feet unable to look at any part of her, as he felt his heart break and begin to suffocate him.

---***---
Isaac leaned back in the car seat and looked up at the museum. Samara and Coyle were in their small car, parked behind him against the sidewalk. He had thought that Trent had given up his feelings for the vampire, but he saw it return as soon as Corliss was within sight. It caused him no small amount of grief to know what he had to do. The Upper Circle had to be made aware that Trent might have breeched their codes of conduct.

The last thing that he wanted to do was get Trent into trouble or worse fired, but Isaac was just as guilty as his partner was if he didn't tell them. He just couldn't let Trent take him down with him. This had been the last decision he thought he would ever have to make when he first met his new partner. There first case together had been a dead vampire, and Trent kept telling him over and over how much he hated them.

Removing his eyes from the building, they fell to his lap. He already hated himself for this, but knew it was the only thing that could be done. Trent needed to be saved, and he was too damn blind to see that. Though, Isaac had his doubts about whether or not that was possibly. Recently, his partner had a lack of appetite, and complained often of heart burn. Classic symptoms of a kine transformation, though Trent seemed completely oblivious. His friend also only ate steaks that were barely cooked, and he could have sworn he had seen Trent with fangs in his mouth. Whenever he had looked back they had been gone.

It wouldn't be long before Trent's transformation was complete, though the last night would prove the change to him. Isaac had been told that it was the most painful experience one could live through. The human body actually dies, giving into the disease, but the disease refuses to let the body stop operations. It keeps the heart pumping and the brain working. Those reasons alone were why there would never be a cure for vampirism.

One thing Isaac couldn't stop asking himself was, how did Corliss get authority? Trent was much older then the age normally given consent too. Which meant that there was a large possibility that there had been no permission given. If that were true then Trent was a rogue kine, and he would be killed if he was found out. He couldn't be sure if that was worse then actually being turned against his knowledge. Either way the Trent he knew would be gone.

A light tap echoed in his ears, and he looked out his passenger side window. Samara smiled widely at him, as he opened the door. He didn't have the keys to turn on the car, so he could roll down the window. Of course, it was probably worse that Trent hadn't locked his car up, junker or not.

"Think we should go in after him?" Samara asked.

Isaac shook his head, "No, he's made his bed, let him lay in it."

"So, you know do you?"

He rose an eyebrow, "Know about what?"

She swallowed, not entirely sure if she wanted to be the one to inform him. Her mouth opened slightly, then snapped shut.

"Yes, I know. Trent is becoming one of them." Speaking the words out loud made him sick to his stomach.

"What are you going to do?" She kneeled down beside the car.

"The only thing that I can do; report him. He'll probably be arrested."

"Arrested for what? It's not illegal to become a kine."

Isaac almost grinned, he had never heard Samara call them kine before. "As a traitor to the circle. He hasn't cut contact with them, and as a vampire he isn't allowed access to certain information that he has access to as a human investigator."

"Being arrested by humans will be a lot better then what the Macrea elders have in store for him." She stood up and looked at the museum.

Isaac gave a nod, "I don't think she was given permission either; by the elders or by Trent."

"Why the hell did she do it for? I mean…" She sighed, "Are you going to tell him you are going to the circle?"

"No, he has a way of talking me out of things. I am going to see his father tonight, and pray that I have the strength."

"Want me to go with you?" After asking it, she realized there was no chance in hell she would be allowed inside. "Like wait in the car, I mean."

Isaac grinned, "Thanks, but I think it's something that I have to do on my own."

---***---
Corliss grabbed his hand before Trent could leave the changing room. Grief and humiliation were written all over his face, as he looked up from the floor to her. She didn't know if she wanted to kiss him or tell him what she had done. Both seemed like viable options, though one would have him storming out of the studio.

"I love you too, Trent."

With those words, he could breath again. He let out a deep, relieved sigh, before a chuckle escaped his lips. Running his hand over his hair, he tried to hold himself together. "For a minute there, I felt like the world's biggest fool."

Corliss opened her mouth again to speak, now that she had admitted her feelings, she had to admit her mistakes. Trent placed two fingers over her lips, and she clamped her mouth shut.

He didn't want her to say anything else that would continue this emotional roller coaster ride. Something in her eyes told him that she was about to tell him what he didn't want to hear. Taking a step closer to her, he laid his hands on her hips. Her eyes watched where he placed his fingers, before he pressed their bodies together.

Corliss' worked the palm of her hands up his arms to his neck. Keeping their eyes in constant contact, she smiled when he did. Slowly, almost as if he were afraid she would pull away, he brought his lips down onto her own. His body filled with heat, when Corliss sighed and accepted him within her mouth. Her robe that she never tied, fell upon under their movements.

Running his hands up to her shoulders, he helped get the robe the rest of the way off. She inhaled in a sharp breath, when the cool air hit her skin, as she hadn't expected him to remove her clothing. Trent grinned under her kiss, hearing the excitement in her breathing. His grin faded when she began to suckle on his bottom lip. His hands slide underneath her butt and pulled her up onto the make-up stand.

Gradually, Trent's kisses made their way down her neck and shoulders. His hands sliding up and down her stomach, just out of reach of her breast. He abruptly stopped, causing confusion in Corliss' eyes. He had to fight back a grin that was brought on by her expression, as he stepped back.

Taking off his suit coat, he tossed to the floor, and then unbuttoned his shirt. The confusion left Corliss' eyes, and was replaced with a grin. She reached out, and grabbed his collar yanking him towards her. A shiver of fear engulfed her spine, when he was able to hold his ground under her strength. It only reminded her of what she had done to him.

Trent mistook the fear in her eyes to be disappointment, and stepped forward allowing her to do whatever she had planned. Corliss tossed her thoughts aside for the moment, and began to unbutton his shirt. One button at a time, she kissed his chest after each button was released. Finally, Trent was able to pull of his shirt, revealing his built chest, lightly coated with dark hairs.

He brought his lips back to her neck, and mumbled something that was inaudible to her. When she didn't responded, he continued to kiss and suck on her tender flesh. Making his way down to her chest, and pulling her nipple into his mouth with his tongue. Corliss arched her back as his other hand began to play with her other nipple.

Looking up briefly, he watched Corliss with her mouth slightly ajar. She was watching him, a deep desire burning within her eyes. Trent continued his explorations downward, and fell to his knees. Immediately, Corliss grabbed his face within her hand, and jerked his eyes upward.

"What are you doing?" Her voice held her shock.

Trent arched an eyebrow, and smiled devilishly. "Returning the favor from last time."

"No, that's alright."

He responded by peeling her hands from his face, and slamming them down on the make up stand. "Those stay there."

Corliss narrowed her eyes at him, "Excuse me?" She question was asked more out of surprise then anger; though she didn't move her hands.

Ignoring her, Trent began to kiss her inner thigh. The first kiss caused Corliss to jerk back, and complain about the stumble on his face. His eyes returned to her own, this time with a hint of annoyance. "Corliss?"

"Yes?" She answered, when he remained silent.

"Shh, you are ruining the mood."

A grin tugged at the corner of her lips as he returned to kissing her inner thighs. Though she tried to tell herself that his new found dominating behavior was caused by his on coming transformation, she lost all thought when his tongue began to lick at her. He pulled her legs over his shoulders to get a better positioning.

Corliss threw her head back, as his tongue began to probe her sensitive innards. Disobeying his command to keep her hands on the desk, she reached out with her right hand for his head. Her fingers entwined with his long, dark hair. Realizing that she had never seen his hair down before, she pulled herself away from him.

Trent let out a low growl, when he realized that she was purposely trying to escape him. He looked up into her eyes when she pulled the band from his hair, and the black mane fell over his shoulders. She grinned quite happily to see him puzzled by her action. Taking the band from her, she thought he was going to pull his hair back up, but instead he threw it over with his coat and shirt.

A wave of exhilaration came over her, as Trent unexpectedly yanked her back towards his mouth. "I hope that will be your only distraction."

This time Trent offered her no mercy, as he licked and sucked her most vulnerable of areas. After several moments, Corliss tossed her head back and tried to jerk away.

"Stop." She begged.

"Let it happen." Trent rumbled, and continued despite more cries for him to stop.

The pleasure sent a shiver throughout her body that was followed a long, deep moan. It was a pitch that Corliss didn't even know she had. Trent kissed her thighs again, as she began to relax from her climax.

When she looked back down at him, he stood to his feet, and allowed her to remove his belt and pants. All the while, he tried to kick off his shoes. Corliss grabbed a hold of his shaft with both hands, though he didn't need any stimulation. He inched towards her, but she placed her hand on his chest to hold him back.

"You want to jump right into it?" She questioned.

He pulled her hands away from his body, he had gotten all he needed from her moans and mounding pleasure. Corliss didn't argue any further, and eased her legs around his waist. She helped guide him, causing Trent to let out another growl when the heat began to engulf him. Without ensuring that Corliss was prepared, he began to thrust in and out of her. His mouth fell to her shoulder, and he suckled hard on the flesh there. It was not something that he had ever done before, and with his mind on the brink of pleasure, he didn't think much of it.

Nor did he notice when the skin in his mouth broke, and a gush of blood began to seep from the new wounds. He drank the blood down, concentrating more of his desire for Corliss. Not even she was totally aware of the wounds to her neck, as she scratched her fingernails up and down his back.

Trent moaned in ecstasy as Corliss was released from the confides of her own impending orgasm. Resting his hands on the make-up stand next to her hips, he inhaled deeply of the scent of blood. He had thought it was his own, until a drop exited his lips and landed on her thigh. Looking up, his eyes fell on the two small hole on her shoulder.

He jolted backwards, his fingers heading to his mouth. They were there, the fangs that had torn the flesh on her shoulder. Corliss noticed the blood seeping from his mouth, and looked towards the smell of blood. Her eyes widened in fear, when she realized what Trent had done.

"What… what have you done to me?" He yelled, gathering his clothing up.

"Trent, stop!" She jumped in front of the door, so he couldn't exit. "You are becoming a kine; there is nothing that can be done to stop it."

"You turned me?" Rage filled his eyes as he began to pull on his clothing, he had no intention of leaving until he got answers. Her blockade of the door was useless.

She shook her head, "It was all an accident, Trent, I swear to you. Last time we saw each other, remember I was beat up? You kissed me and my mouth was bleeding, you swallowed blood…"

"You knew that I was being turned and you didn't tell me?"

"I had to come up with a plan first to make sure that you weren't killed." She could see the fangs within his mouth slowly returning to normal canines. It wasn't uncommon for fangs to come and go as the person was undergoing their transformation.

He looked like he was going to kill her. "Killed is a much better option then becoming this!"

"You don't believe that and you know it. How can you say you love me, but hate what I am at the same time?"

His mouth opened to answer, but snapped shut.

"Listen, you probably have a couple days left, and then you will suffer through possibly the worst night of your life. You should be under the watch of another kine when that happens." She swallowed, before sighing. "Marcellus has told me that he will accept blame for your transformation, which means that it will be a sanctioned turn."

"Why would he do that?"

"Because I am helping him remove Adriel from power." She whispered so that none of the other nearby kine or werewolves could hear her. "There is nothing that can be done, Trent. You are going to become a kine, whether you want to or not. The question is: Are you going to take it as a gift or a curse?"

"A gift? You are turning me into a monster, and I should think it's a gift?" Trent was finished dressing, and ready to leave. He wiped his bloody mouth on her robe..

Corliss continued to stand in his way, blood dripping down her shoulder. "You just told me that you love me. If you would let me fix this, I know that…"

"You just said that there is nothing that I can do, I am going to become a kine."

"Fixing it doesn't necessarily mean that I will be able to make you human again. Please, just don't do anything stupid, like jump off a building. It's not all that bad."

Placing his hand on both of her shoulders, he shoved her aside. "Not all bad, my ass! You've been one your entire life, you don't know any different."

Grabbing her robe, she wrapped it around her as Trent opened the door and stormed out. She chased him down the stairs and into the main lobby of the museum, and clutched his upper arm when she finally caught up to him.

"Don't do this, Trent. Don't walk out on me." She stared up into his eyes, as tears had begun to escape her own. "I am begging you. I am so, so very sorry that this has happened. I never meant for it to be this way. Yet, it has happened, and it is this way. Can't you just accept it, so we can…"

He yanked his arm from her grasp. "I will never accept your 'gift', vamp!"

Corliss looked around the room as people in the lobby stared at them. She blushed at the embarrassment, which gave Trent enough time to escape. Watching him exit the building, she gently shook her head. This could not be happening; it just wasn't possible. She knew what needed to be done, and there was only one person that could help her. Fear shook her inner being, she couldn't do it, she just couldn't.