Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(LIB:I) Chapter 8

They arrived at a bar, which was no surprise for Kailin, as her roommate loved to hunt for her meals around these establishments. A long line of motorcycles were in front of the small bar. Inside, she found all of the bikers playing pool and drinking. She rolled her eyes, looking at the black leather jackets, marked with their gang symbols.

Kailin took a seat at the bar and started in on her nightly dose of water. While Gabrielle went to make sure everyone knew of her presence. The men flocked to Gabrielle like bees to honey, and when Kailin looked over at her, she winked.

A fat man in a leather jacket sat down beside Kailin and smiled, then ordered a beer. Kailin turned her back on him, it was bad enough that he smelt bad, but to top it off she had an incredible sense of smell. Another man who sat on her other side, he was smaller and she could tell that he was just a weekend biker. He looked to be a business man with a leather jacket and jeans on, but his hair was cut short and combed to the side. His face was clean shaven, and he looked as if he was more of the spa type. He, as well, smiled at her.

She turned around, with her water in hand, to study Gabrielle for a bit, and to test to see if among these criminals any was worth feeding on. There wasn't any she would consider food, but she knew eventually some shady character would enter. These were after all gang members.

"That your friend?" the weekend biker asked.

"Sometimes." Kailin took another drink of her water.

"I'm Seth, and you are?"

"Kailin."

He smiled, "Always a good start when they give you their name."

She watched a group of young men walk into the bar, giving them each a mind sweep, and then deciding none of them were food worthy either.

"I don't remember seeing you in here before. This your first time?" He asked.

Kailin didn't say anything just took another drink of water.

"I would remember a woman like you. Your friend has come in here a couple of times, but she doesn't pay me much attention."
She looked over at him, "Probably, because you aren't over there drooling over her like everyone else."

He chuckled, "Sounds like jealousy."

She stared into his brown eyes for a moment, "There is nothing that she has that I can't have if I wanted it." Kailin didn't know why she had said that, but she despised being called jealous.

"I bet you could have anything she has, and then whatever she can't." He smiled, and tried to touch her arm, but Kailin pulled it away. "She can't have me, I don't like the sluts. I like the ones that make me earn them, and I bet there is a lot of begging when it comes to you."

Kailin set her water down, and stood up. She had enough of this, Gabrielle was content with her crowds of men. She wouldn't mind if Kailin left to go hunting on her own, her meal was on the street and not in this bar.

Seth grabbed her arm before she could open the door. "Something I said?" He asked.

She yanked her arm away from his grasp, "Don't touch me!"

"What's wrong, baby?"

Kailin snapped, "I am not gonna play bad girl for some horny little business man, who can't get any at the higher class bars, and so he comes to a place where he thinks there are sluts."

Gabrielle ran to her side and grabbed her arm, "Let's go, Kai." As she opened the door, Gabrielle looked at Seth, "I'm sorry, she's just a bit moody today."

When the door shut behind them, and they walked far enough away, Gabrielle gave her a dirty glance.

"What? I told you I didn't want to come tonight, but you insisted."

"That man is the leader of one of the biggest biker gangs in New York City."

Kailin giggled, "There are biker gangs in New York City?"

Gabrielle gave her a half angry and half amused look, as they stopped in front of an alley. "Sometimes I wonder if you really can read minds."

"What are you afraid of anyway? You and I could wipe them out before they got a single hit in."

"That's not the point, Kai." Suddenly there was a loud crash from the alley, and Kailin could smell the human flesh.
Giving each other questioning looks, they began down the alley. It wasn't long before they found themselves at a dead end, looking around for what the crash had been. She couldn't see the humans, but she could smell them never the less.

"Come on out." Kailin said.

She heard quick footsteps behind her, and a moment later, she propelled a jumping human over her shoulder and into the trash down the alley.

Three other humans appeared, all were young. There was a female and three males, they each had crosses and wooden stakes. The female helped their friend up, as Gabrielle fell to her knees and covered her eyes. Kailin was left to protect her. They all four attacked Kailin at the same time. She tossed off two and into the walls, but there was a sharp pain at her chest. Once the other two were off her, she looked down to see a stake protruding out from her heart. The pain was too much, and Kailin fell to the ground, as the humans turned to Gabrielle.

Kailin dragged herself against a wall and pulled the stake slowly, and painfully from her heart. When the stake made a thud on the ground, she turned her eyes over to Gabrielle. They had surrounded her, so that Kailin couldn't see what they were doing. A stake came up and then returned back down, causing a horrifying scream from Gabrielle.

Looking past the pain, Kailin thrust herself upward and leapt next to Gabrielle, as the four humans backed away. She hissed at them, showing her fangs. These weren't natural born hunters, and she wondered how they could of possibly identified her and Gabrielle as vampires.

One boy put a cross in front of himself, "Back, creature of darkness."

She reached out, grabbed the metal relic, and bent it in half with one hand. They all scooted back some, their eyes showing their fear.

What they had brought was not enough to kill this vampire. Damon had told them that if you fail, you die and it was as simple as that.

The girl spoke, "We are so fucked."

"Run!" One of the boys said, and they took off down the alley.

Kailin would of loved to of chased them down, causing them more fear, but she had to check on Gabrielle. She kneeled down on the filthy ground, and examined the stake that was shoved firmly near her left shoulder. Had it gone all the way through the center, then Gabrielle would be ash by now. Since she was still alive, Kailin knew that it had either not touch her heart at all, or it barely nicked it. A nick would eventually kill her, because there was no way a Pyrrhonian could heal their heart.

Taking a deep breath she wrapped her thin fingers around the stake, giving it a hard pull. There was a pop like sound made when it finally left her body, she could see blood beginning to puddle up in the long, narrow wound. Kailin tried to fight back her tears as she stared at the blood dripping down from the stake and out of the wound out of her friend's heart. This had nicked her heart, Kailin was sure of that now. The blood was too much for it not to have.

"Gabby, can you hear me?" She bit her wrist and lanced Gabrielle's wound with blood, Hallowed blood could heal the outside wound, but not the heart.

Gabrielle coughed, but did not wake.

She looked her over, a decision had to be made now. She could finish the job of the hunters, or take Gabrielle home. Perhaps, she could heal the nick, it couldn't of been much. She shook her head, she couldn't kill her friend. Placing one arm under her shoulder and the other under her knees, she lifted Gabrielle up.

Her eyes searched to find a place to leap onto, and when she did she disappeared into the air. All that was left of the encounter was two stakes in the alley, and some of their blood.

---***---
Gabrielle's screams filled the apartment, Kailin did all she could to keep her quiet. She was glad for the thick walls the apartments had, even though Misses Kraig came over several times for the louder cries. Kailin would try to say that she was sorry and they were just playing around, and Misses Kraig would ask if they had men in the apartment.

Kailin had to hunt four to five times a night, then gave the precious blood to Gabrielle. The wound just wasn't healing. No matter how much she tried and how much she killed. She began to loose all hope for her friend, there was one thing that could kill all vampires and humans alike, to be completely drained of blood. Gabrielle wasn't completely drained as Kailin kept her filled, but she was fighting a losing war. She was in far to much pain and Kailin began to think that the best way was to kill her friend.

Gabrielle had become a sister to her and she knew that the pain of destroying her sister would engulf her once again, if she was forced to take Gabrielle's life. But just like with her sister, she knew that it had to be done. This time, however, she wasn't a threat to anyone, so Kailin decided to ask her what she should do. Of course, how do you ask someone if they want you to kill them or not?

She sat next to her on the bed, and poured water into Gabrielle's mouth. Gabrielle had petite swallows, but she did manage to swallow. Sweat poured from her forehead, her cheeks were flushed, and she gasped for air even though she didn't need to breath. In the last couple of days, she had started to talk again, but the act caused her much pain.

"Gabby?"

Her fiery red headed friend turned her head and gave a pitiful smile.

"Do you want it to be over?" Kailin's face looked to be asking any normal question, she touched her hand and looked into her eyes.

Gabby coughed and some blood came from her mouth, "What do you mean?"

There was a loud knock at the door, both of them looked at Gabrielle's door. Kailin stood up, "I'll be right back."

Before she even got to the door she knew that Kristian was behind it. She could sense him standing in the hallway, she had called him and asked for his help. He stood with vacant eyes, neither said a word to the other, as he stepped inside of the apartment. They both walked to Gabrielle's door. Kailin put her hand on the knob, Kristian placed his hand over her own to stop her from opening it.

"You didn't explain what happened." Kristian told her.

Kailin pulled her hand away from Kristian's grasp, "We were out hunting, and ran into a small group of unnatural hunters. They nicked her heart with a stake."

He ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep sigh, "Her heart?" It wasn't meant to be answered.

"I don't think there is anything that we can do. Continuing to feed her the way I am, I'm just making her suffer."

He nodded, "You think it would be best if her suffering was ended?"

Kailin looked into his eyes, realizing he wasn't wearing his sun glasses. "I don't know what else to do."

He looked at the door, "Let me go in and take a look."

Kailin nodded, and walked over to the couch, she sat down and turned on the news.

He placed his hand on the knob, and then turned back to Kailin, "How long ago did this happen?"

"A week ago." Kailin said without looking at him.

Kristian knew that Kailin would never have called him except for something she couldn't handle herself. Gabrielle had told him many things about Kailin after the party. She was proud and seemed to be unemotional, but Gabrielle had told him that deep down she had all the emotions of a human being. Gabrielle said, it's her curse, it is what she kept of a human. To feel like a human, to love like a human, and to repress them like a Hallowed.

He opened the door and looked upon what he remembered to be the beautiful, fiery, cheery, and sometimes ditzy red head. What he remembered was not what he saw, her beauty was covered by black eyes and almost transparent skin. Her emotion and passion seemed to have drained away with the blood, and her cheery smile had disappeared to leave dry lips that bled from the cracks in them. Her once bright green eyes just seem to have been wrapped in a black shadow.

But the worst thing yet, was that the white sheets she laid on were stained a crimson red. The thick bandages that had been placed around her chest were not thick enough to hold the liquid in. She laid in her blood, but managed a smile when she saw him.

Kristian looked back at Kailin, she had her head lowered as the news continued on. He wasn't prepared for what he saw and had the urge to shut the door so he didn't have to look. He fought the urge, and walked into the room, shutting the door behind him. He took a seat in the chair next to her bed and grabbed Gabrielle's hand.

"My, my, Kristy, you do look handsome today." She choked the words from her throat.

"How are you feeling, Gabby?" They were the only words he could manage out or even think of.

She smiled at him, "I've had better moments in the past few centuries."

"Do you understand what has happened to you?"

Gabrielle nodded, "My heart has been nicked, and I am going to die."

Kristian stared at her sad eyes, and he racked his mind for anything. "I need to speak with Kailin. I will be back in a moment."

She smiled, and a drop of blood leaked from her lips.

---***---
Kristian stepped out of the bedroom, and Kailin stood up. Her eyes held a worry and pain within them. Looking down at the ground, he took another deep breath.

"It's horrible." He finally said, "She's deteriorating slowly."

"I don't know what to do." Kailin folded her hands together.

It was the first time he ever heard emotion in her voice. He nodded, "I think I know something that might work." She waited for his answer, but he seemed hesitate.

"What is it?"

He shook his head, "I don't think he would do it."

"Who? What are you talking about?"

"Tzion." He spoke the name, and looked up at her.

"What?"

He came around and sat down on the couch, patting next to him for her to sit down. "I was reading these scrolls about a year ago, and I came across this story, where an Hallowed Elder gave his blood to a dying Bowery. When this happened, the Bowery immediately stood up wound completely healed. Of course, the Bowery had some of the traits of a Hallowed and all the information we know. This went away the next time the Bowery fed though."

"You think if I got some of Tzion's blood that it would heal her?"

He nodded, "Well the miraculous heal was only accomplished when almost all of the Elder's blood was gone. I don't think Tzion would be willing to put himself in that state, but if we could just get a small amount then maybe, just maybe it would at least heal her heart and start her on the path to recovery."

She stared at him a moment, "How would we get this blood?"

Kristian sighed, "I don't know, Tzion is a mysterious vampire. However, he does hold great respect for you."

She nodded, "For me?"

"When Tzion created me, he told me right away that he had been researching you as his task for the Elders."
"They have an Elder researching me?"

"Yes, they need to know about you, but that is not important right now. Gabrielle is, so back to my story. He said that you were chosen to do something great. You did something that no other Vampire had ever done before."

"Created life."

He gave a nod, and continued talking, "A new kind of life, he was amazed by you. You are a Hallowed, who never had a master to explain anything. Yet, you were able to learn your abilities rather quickly, and even fight against the other vampires." Kristian sighed, "You have done things, that not even he could of done as a fresh."

She kept her blank look.

"I believe that my Lord, would be willing to assist you, but only if you ask."

She thought for a moment, "I don't know if I could do that."

A cry of pain came from Gabrielle's room, Kristian turned his head towards the door and then back. "Then she will die."

Kailin stared at the door for a moment, and gave a nod. "How do I see him?"

"Go to his home, tell the guard posted that you are Madam Caitlyn Bramwell. When Tzion catches word that you have come to see him, you will be let in."

Kailin took a deep breath, "I don't know."

Standing up, she stared at the door that covered the sight of the beautiful red-head that had saved her soul so many times before. A quick sigh was released from her lips as she tried to make up her mind.

---***---
The mansion was quite possibly the largest house that she had ever seen. A giant stone fence surrounded it with tall black metal gate for an entrance. Trees, a fish pond, and a flower garden were just some of the items found within the gigantic yard. Of course, she hadn't gone inside yet, as the gates were shut. She could see light coming from several windows from previous experiences with elders, she knew many vampires kept human pets. Some were promised to one day become vampires, even though they never would. Still others, fell to the temptation of pleasure that an elder used to control them. It didn't take much, hell, Kailin could do it as a fresh. But the elders had the ability to send a person into a pleasurable state with a mere thought. It was like a drug, and the humans would be addicted to it very quickly.

She had been amazed that she found in given that Kristian's directions had confused her. The strong winds pushed against her hooded cloak in the moonless, starless night. Kristian had told her to dress feminine much like her days as a duchess. She didn't have anything but the cloak, and a black dress that cut off at her knees. Deciding it would be simple enough she put it on, besides she wasn't planning on taking the cloak off anyway.

Next to the metal gate was a speaker box, and she pressed the button. In the distance, she could a buzz echo within the house.
"What?" A deep voice asked.

"My name is Madam Caitlyn Bramwell, I wish to speak with Lord Tzion." She said, her voice was being pushed away by the wind.

The gentlemen on the other end seemed to catch the majority of it. "Lord Tzion doesn't wish to be disturbed."

"It's vital that I speak with him."

"Go away." He snapped.

"Hello?" Kailin looked into the speaker, and then looked at the tall metal gate. There were spike-like protrusions at the top, but she decided to risk it, once she knew the man wouldn't answer her back.

Landing on the other side, she realized that Tzion was blocking the sight of vampires within his mansion walls. It was a precaution used by the more paranoid elder vampires, not that Kailin had ever run across one before. All she had to navigate by was the lights of the windows in the distance.

She was surprised at the lack of guards in the area. Of course, Tzion wasn't too scared of human burglars and not many vampires would try to break into an elder's home, except Kailin. She was determined to speak with him, Gabrielle had been in pain for too long.

As she approached the front door, she could make out a guard near it. He stood perfectly still, seeming to be unaffected that she was coming towards him. The man was tall and muscular with a black uniform on, but no weapons. He was not a vampire, she could sense that right away.

"I was not told anyone was let in. Who are you?" He asked when she was close enough, the wind howled over his voice.

"Tell Lord Tzion, that Madam Caitlyn Bramwell asks for his audience."

"Lord Tzion is very busy and…"

Kailin's teeth emerged as she turned to him, "Go now, or when I do speak to him I will explain why I destroyed you." She was becoming irritated.

The guard now gave her the decency to look shocked. He went up the stairs to the front door and opened it. Sticking his head in, she heard him mumble something to someone inside and then he shut the door. He made his way back down the steps and back to his position next to the stairway. "Wait out here." He pointed to the ground in front of him.

Her eyes went to the door and remained there as she waited to be approved for entry. The wind continued to blow harshly on the two of them, but the guard was use to standing in such weather. Kailin would bet that he had been in the snow and the rain before, the wind was probably the lesser of the evils.

Time seemed to halt then and what was a couple of hours seemed to be centuries. The guard gave her irritated looks several times during her first half hour, but after that he grew tired of his own anger. Kailin eventually took a seat on the steps, despite the objective stares the guard gave her.

Finally, she heard the door open, and she stood to look at the small man who exited the house. He was young, no older then seventeen with red hair and freckles. "Madam Caitlyn Bramwell?" He asked her, and bowed respectfully.

When he stepped aside to let her in, she walked in with the dignity and grace a duchess should always have.

Shutting out the cold wind, he smiled, but did not look her directly in the eyes. "Lord Tzion will see you now. Please, follow me."

She marched behind him down several halls, before he finally opened a door, "Wait in here."

Kailin gave him a nod and entered the room, as soon as she was within it, the door slammed shut behind her. She pulled the hood off her cloak revealing the French braid in her hair, and stood in the center of the room. Turning her attention away from the now shut door, she began to examine the room. Everything she had seen of the mansion seemed so old, and well organized. It was like being in a museum, even as she looked around the bedroom, she felt that she shouldn't touch anything.

The large canopy bed stood on a platform, and on each side was two dark red velvet couches. A dresser and a armoire stood across the room from one another, a dark wood, polish floor laid beneath her feet. Closer to the door was a fireplace with another dark red couch, and a large rug in front of the fire. What interested her the most, however, was to the left of the fireplace. A small heated sitting pool in the corner that caught her attention the most. It was a bit peculiar for a Hallowed to bath or even just wade in water.

She took a deep sigh, this must be Tzion's bedroom. It was a strange place to invite a guest into, but it was no time to linger on that. Her mind racked with ways to bring up Gabrielle, she needed the right words to say to him. She couldn't just ask him right away, after all that would upset him, but she couldn't waste time with small talk either.

Suddenly she saw two hands came over her shoulders and unbuttoned her cloak at her neck, removing it. She turned around to find Tzion placing her cloak on the edge of the bed. He looked her over for a moment in her knee length black dress, black high heels, and French braid. His clothes were much of the same as the last she saw him, a black suit jacket and slacks with a beige shirt underneath.

"Madam Bramwell, your presence here greatly pleases me. I didn't expect to see you until the convention, which was far to long away anyway. What do I owe this pleasure?"

Her mind went over all the possibilities that she had to begin the conversation, but then she decided on directness. He would appreciate that she got to the point, after all he was a busy man. "My friend, Gab…"

"Yes, Gabrielle, I heard she is very ill."

"Yes, that is true." She felt nervous, she hadn't felt that feeling in a long time. It took it's toll on her ability to speak clearly, and she found herself unable to control the speed she talked. "We were attacked by some of unnatural hunters and although they didn't kill her they nicked her heart. As you know a Pyrrhonian can heal everything rapidly, but they can not heal their heart. She is still alive only because I hunt constantly."

Tzion walked over to the stand and poured himself some water into a wine glass, "Would you care for some?"

"No, thank you." She said, but took the glass from him anyway, "You see, Kristian told me about a scroll he read where a Bowery was injured and dying and a Hallowed Elder…"

"Ah, I knew there was a point to your story. You have come to ask me to allow Gabrielle to feed on my blood." He said, and then poured himself another glass of water.

"Oh, no. I would not ask that of you. I simply wanted to ask for a small amount so that her heart could heal and she could heal the rest herself. We don't need her to heal right away like the Bowery, just the heart." She was unable to stop her annoying rambling..

He looked at her for a moment, took a drink of water then set it down. Kailin found his mannerisms, his voice, and the way he moved alluring. He walked over to her and smelt her hair, then walked behind her.

She could still see him in the mirror that was placed in front of her.

"What Kristian told you was true." He said, standing behind her.

Kailin became more nervous, and lost her words. She didn't understand it, at the party she was perfectly normally around the man. Now, he made her nervous?

"I was assigned to you when you first created the Mephis. I have followed you everywhere you have gone. I have always been there, with or without your knowledge." He ran the back of his hand down her cheek, "There are many vampires assigned just to watch over you. I am sure that you have met Mathias by now."

Kailin nodded, and tried to look over her shoulder at him. He moved out of sight, and she returned her gaze to the mirror.
"He has followed you, since you were a mere baby in your mother's arms." He went silent for a moment, "Did you know that each vampire keeps one thing that they had as a human?" He watched her nod again, "Most vampires consider it a weakness, and most of the time it is. From studying you so intently, I know what your weakness is."

"Do you?" Kailin became herself again with those words, but soon returned to her cowering state once he began to speak again.

"Yes, you wish to be wanted. Oh, you put on a good show for the other vampires and those who do not know you. You seem to solid, emotionless, and strong, but I know. I have seen everything and I know everything from Nathaniel to Lucas." He turned her around to look into his eyes. "Humans, besides the Pyrrhonian, you have always chosen a humans as your companions . Another weakness perhaps? You desire to be the strong one, the controller, maybe?"

"What is your weakness, Tzion?"

He grinned and walked to the small pool, placing his hand in the water and letting it drain off, "I had my emotions, but I tossed them away after a few centuries." he turned to her.

"Will you help me with Gabrielle?" She asked, deciding that they were getting off track.

He walked back over, "Perhaps, if you do me a favor."

"What kind of favor?"

"I am a stronger being then yourself, someone that you don't have to take care of. Someone who has survived eons and could very well survive you. Someone that will not die on you."

Kailin rose her eyebrow, "What are you talking about?"

He smiled, "Don't you think its time that you gave up your silly hate for your own species? I could teach you, Caitlyn.

Everything that you don't know about us, all of your questions answered. I could be your master."

"I am over two hundred, I no longer require a master."

Tzion grinned, "You run highly on your emotions. Hallowed must use their minds to control those around them. You are strong against the Mephis, but weak against all else. I could kill you within the next moments, and you wouldn't have a chance against me."

She swallowed, silence for a moment took place, until she asked again, "Will you help me with Gabrielle?"

"Are you saying that if I help you with Gabrielle, you will submit to me?"

"I am asking if you will help."

He nodded, "I will aid you, whether you choose to or not."

He walked over to a cabinet and pulled a vile from it. Using his nail he cut his wrist and drained some blood into it, then placed a cork into the opening. He turned back to her and smiled.

"See, here it is." He pointed to the vile on the dresser.

"Thank you." she walked towards it, holding out her hand to grab it.

Tzion's hand shot up and grabbed her wrist. "You do not have much experience with other vampires, do you?"

She didn't answer him, nor she did pull her arm away.

"If I do you a favor, you must assist me." He looked at the vile and then back to Kailin, "I just offered you my precious blood, I must replenish it to keep me strong."

"Then I better take the vile, and leave you to hunt." She tried to pull her arm away, but he kept a firm grip.

"I do not hunt anymore, my meals are brought to me. And as for your favor, I believe I know exactly what can be done as payment."

The old memory of her heart beating strongly in her chest came to mind with the fear. She could clearly see Tzion's teeth, and she shivered at the thought of being bitten again.

"I…I am in a hurry, perhaps another time." Kailin whined.

Tzion's other hand touched her waist and pulled him towards her. The hand that had been holding her wrist, let go and wrapped around her shoulders. He ran his exposed teeth over her neck, "Shhh, small one, do not fear me. I shall never cause you harm. Allow this to be a new experience in your short life thus far."

His mouth opened and his tongue flicked against her skin. Kailin realized how horrified she was of this man. At first, he was alluring, but now at the very moment that she was so terrified of him that she wanted nothing more then to scream and flee. Her eyes on the vile of blood, and the memory of Gabrielle laying in the blood soaked bed, was the only thing that kept her within his grasp.

It was a few moments as his tongue ran gently over her neck, that she settled into the moment. But fear ran high again, as she felt his teeth sank slowly into her neck, she could feel the slow penetration. It was painful, as the teeth were removed from the wound, and he began to slowly suckle on her neck. She pushed against his chest trying to escape him, but his hold was to strong. When she was finished fighting, her hands slipped around his waist and she dug her fingers deeply into his back, ripping holes into his shirt and his skin. It was to painful to even scream, all she could manage was gasps. Then suddenly it transformed into an immeasurable pleasure, her hands dropped to her side and she went limp in his arms.

He gently licked the wound, then pulled his mouth away from her neck. "Now, we share, Caitlyn."

His words made a strange echo within her mind, but she understood what he wanted. It was time for her to feed from him, and as she managed to stand on her own. He revealed his neck to her. Kailin was never the kind to look at anyone as food, or to have a desire to tear into anyone's flesh. She did it to survive, but now she felt it the vampiric urge to tear into Tzion's neck and feast on his blood.

His blood was the sweetest she had ever tasted, and as she suckled she felt him growing faint. Her arms wrapped around him to hold him up, and she could hear him beg her to stop. She couldn't, she wouldn't. She continued to drink as the flood of memories entered her mind. Much of his life was now her own, and as she heard his moans turn from pain to pleasure, she suddenly felt weak herself. When she removed her mouth from his neck, she looked at him only for a moment, before the world went black around her.

Chapter 9: http://rkphunt.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=188