Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 12: Stupid Romance

Aven asked to speak with Tristan after breakfast. They went down into the basement as Ayanna's worried eyes followed them through the door. Noah had disappeared upstairs as soon as the meal was over and had been selectively silent. The morning had been quite different and even though Tristan wasn't really part of the drama, he could feel the tension in the air.

Once downstairs, Aven turned to face the tall blonde. “Do a movie.”

He raised an eyebrow and tried to figure out in his head what had brought this on. This topic was certainly not one of the hundreds of ideas he had following through his mind. His most worried one was that she would realize what he had been doing to her sister. “What?” It was the only word he could muster.

“Eric really needs you to do one of those stupid romance movies. I know you need the money. I mean look at your shitty television.” She motioned with her hand toward the box like appliance.

“I think you should stay out of my business.” Tristan had never before become annoyed with his comfortable person, but she was certainly pushing his patience.

Aven took a deep breath and thought for a moment. “I approached this wrong. I was trying all night to think of how I should talk to you about it, and of course since this is an awkward subject I picked the least effective method.”

Crossing his arms, he frowned. “I don't care what method you use. I won't do those kinds of movies.”

Looking into his eyes, she could see his sincerity. “I see. I guess it was worth a shot. It was for a selfish reason anyway.” She began to walk passed him. “Eric said he would hire me on as your assistant and I would be able to get out of here.” Part of her knew this was a passive aggressive method of getting what she wanted, but at this point she didn't care. She patted him gently on the shoulder. “Don't worry about it.”

“My assistant?” He grabbed her wrist and turned to face her since she had walked so far she was almost behind him.

Aven nodded and tried her best to look pitiful. She didn't know why she bothered, but she hoped that Tristan, being her friend, would wish to help her. “If I became your assistant, then I could get out of the house and away from Noah. I'm sure you know that he and I are... I guess, broken up is the best way to put it. Even though we really weren't ever together.”

He watched her face for several seconds. There was a part in his heart that told him he was being manipulated, but he didn't care. “If you were my assistant on a film then you'd be away from Noah?”

She nodded her head slowly. Her eyes were filled with a pity me look along side hope. The anticipation in her face made her look like any answer he gave would cause her to explode. It was almost worth making her wait a short time more just to be able to have control over her emotions like this, he had thought.

“I suppose a small film wouldn't hurt.” The idea of being alone with Aven away from the others in this house overrode any fears he had about intimate scenes.

“Really?” She clasped her hands together; unable to hide her excitement. “Thank you!” Aven quickly spun around and headed up the stairs before he could change his mind. He couldn't see her pump her fist as she walked up the stairs and passed the way.

Aven didn't see him do the same gesture right before he leapt face first onto the couch. His face landed on the throw pillow and he smiled and giggled into it. Finally after all this time, he would get his chance. As he made his plans in his mind an image of Ayanna appeared.

“Wait.” He sat up straight on the couch. “She'll ruin everything.” Grabbing the pillow from the couch, he tossed it across the room.

“Did you read over the summary and the first two chapters?” Noah sat on his black leather couch with his left ankle resting on his right knee. He held the phone to his ear as he talked to his friend.

Camille released a breath before taking a drink. “I have no complaints. It seems like you are finally starting to grasp what is necessary for writing this material. Do I have some woman I can thank for that?”

He smirked. “Not at this time. I have actually gotten myself into quite the difficult situation. I have ended my relationship with the girl here which has caused a stir in the household. The other sister is begging me to continue to use her and the one I used offers me nothing but hatred.”

“The one you weren't with is the one that you have feelings for correct?” She chuckled. “You are such an idiot.”

“They surprised me this week. Both are far more intelligent and observant that I originally thought, even if the younger one isn't as eloquent in her speech.” He picked up a coffee cup from the table in front of him and took a sip. “I had hoped that this whole thing would pan over quickly, but it seems they will hold grudges for the time being.”

“Don't you think you should find another place to live? Do you really need such stress in your life?”

He slowly nodded his head even though he knew she couldn't see him. “I have plans to do just that, but it will have to wait until I finish my book or I am at least close to the ending. Besides, I feel like there may still be some unfinished business here.”

“Does my baby need closure?” Camille teased. “What happened anyway? I thought you said you had a good thing going with her?”

“She claimed love.”

The woman on the other end fell silent for a moment. “Ah, yes, and the great Noah Hughes can't be loved by anyone ever again.”

“Don't sound so bitter.” He drank more of his coffee. The cup hadn't left his hand since he had picked it up.

Camille frowned on the other end. “I hope you don't expect her to act in the same manner that I did.”

“I had hoped she would.”

“I'm cold and able to turn my feelings off, Noah. When I told you how I felt and you turned me down, I wanted to keep our friendship so I just let it all go. It still took a long time for us to get passed the awkwardness of it all.” The sound of her sliding doors opening was heard over the phone and Noah knew she was stepping out to smoke a cigarette.

He cleared his throat from his nervousness as he didn't particularly care for this subject. “I... I don't know what to say here.”

“Speechless. There are very few times when I have witnessed that from you. I am not trying to open old wounds, Noah. I am just trying to prepare you for the inevitable. This girl isn't going to act like I did, probably more like the many who have fallen for your charms.” She lit her cigarette.

He chuckled. “As long as she doesn't key my car or shred my clothes, I will be fine. Besides, she doesn't seem to be that type anyway. Since our little ending she keeps to herself and doesn't even want to be around me.”

Camille inhaled deeply of her cigarette before the soft sound of her exhale could be heard over the line. “Eventually you are going to be forced to love someone against your will and then what will you do? Run away or face it?”

“Run away.”

“You answered so quickly.” She laughed. “Very well, it's easier to say it than to actually do it. We will see in time who gets the last laugh.”

“You sound like a bad comic book villain, Camille.”

“What?” Ayanna slammed her hands on the table and stood up. Her jealousy choked her but she knew she wouldn't be able to tell her sister why she felt that way. “You can't just quit your job to do this. We need the money.” It wasn't a complete lie, but it definitely wasn't the reason why she was opposed to her sister becoming Tristan's assistant.

Aven looked up from the table at her visibly upset sister. She realized the kitchen which was the common room of the house might not have been the best place for this discussion. “I don't even know how much I'll be paid, but you are right it will probably be less than what I make now. I figure that if after the first film we are hurting too much then I can work tech at night, while still being his assistant during the day.”

“But... but...” She frantically searched her mind for any reason that she could find. Ayanna did not want her sister spending time alone with Tristan, especially if it meant they would be so far away. When they watched movies at least she could walk in on them at any time.

“If it is too much then I'll quit and return to working tech. I am not leaving the company on bad terms and they will probably hire me back. If not there are plenty of other companies to choose from, not to mention other jobs available in general.” Aven stood up from the table.

“I don't like it.” Ayanna tried her best not to give away too much emotion on her face as she knew how well her sister could read her.

She stared across the table at her sister for a couple seconds and seemed to be doing exactly what her younger sister feared she would do. Instead of coming to a conclusion, she simply asked a question. “Why?”

“I... I don't like the idea.” Ayanna couldn't tell her that she didn't want both the people she relied on to rely on her to leave at once. There would be no one left to keep her mind off the past, and more importantly she didn't want Tristan to have any chance with her sister.

“I know you don't like being alone, but it will only be for a couple months. Don't you think this is a good opportunity for Tristan and me. He and I will be able to grow, and he'll finally be able to make a decent amount of money. I will be able to get out of the house and meet people. It's good for both of us, and you too. You will only have to deal with Noah and then you can have more time to yourself.”

“You are stealing my boyfriend so what good is my time?”

Aven gave a look that told her she was coming to understand. “Tristan has to make some money, but I'll be there to watch him to make sure he doesn't cheat on you or anything. Think of me as the guardian of your relationship with him.”

Staring into her elder sister's eyes, Ayanna knew that she wasn't going to be able to win this argument. This was important for Aven and she knew that it would be too selfish to throw a fit and not let her go. “I can probably talk to Scott about working more hours.”

She offered Ayanna a gentle smile. “Thank you.”

“You can't let him cheat on me. All those beautiful actresses around him and all that temptation, especially with his prior fame. You'll do that, right?”

Aven gave a firm nod. “I doubt he would cheat anyway, but if it makes you feel better to know I will be on him like a hawk then you can count on me.”

“Do you know anything about the movie?”

“No, Eric doesn't even know that Tristan agreed. I wanted to make sure that you were on board with this before I informed him of anything.” Aven walked over to the fridge and pulled out some milk. “I am going to have an early lunch and then I have to work for a bit. Ask Tristan during lunch if he'll call Eric about the details, will you?”

She nodded.

Ayanna was quick to head down the stairs once Aven had left the kitchen. The insecurity about her sister and Tristan being together and her suspicions of why he would agree to do a movie was too much. She barely made it down the stairs without tripping due to how hurried she was.

As always, Tristan was on the couch watching television. He didn't bother to look up to see who it was as he had gotten used to Ayanna coming into his apartment whenever she felt the need. It did surprise him when she yanked the remote control from his hands and turned the television off.

“Why are you doing this?” She was slightly out of breath even though she hadn't gone far.

He offered no answer to her as he wasn't certain what the question meant.

“You are going to do a movie now? Is it because Aven is going to go with you? You just want to be alone with her, don't you?”

Tristan stared up at the frantic woman for a brief moment. “Yes.”

She couldn't help but be shocked by his blunt answer. Of course, she knew that their relationship was based on her pretending to be her sister. Even still in the time they had spent together, he hadn't once enjoyed sleeping with her. It almost felt like she was raping him most nights. “She knows we are a couple, Tristan. She isn't going to fall in love with you suddenly and want to spend the rest of her life with you.”

“I know.” He snatched the remote control from her hand as he imagined her tossing it across the room if she continued to become upset.

“Then why are you doing this?”

“If you are so certain that it will accomplish nothing, why are you so bothered by it?” He put the remote control on the couch beside him and stood up. He didn't like looking up at her as he felt that put his face in line with her hand. She could easily slap him while he was standing up, but he didn't want to make it too easy for her.

Ayanna continued to breathe heavily, obviously upset over what was going on. “I am doing all this for you and you promised you wouldn't leave me alone.”

“I promised nothing.”

“You slept with me and continued to use me as Aven's substitute after I offered. That's just as valid as promising. It's a binding contract.” She squeezed her fists tightly together. “Please, don't do this. Tell Aven that you've changed your mind.”

“No.”

“Why?” She screamed the question and held back every thing in her being in order not to flail around and break something.

Tristan remained calm and didn't seem to be moved in the least by her temper. “You already know the answer. I want to be alone with her. I want her not you.”

This method of ordering him around and yelling was not working and she knew she would have to come up with something else. Ayanna swallowed down her heart but the tears refused to stay down. She suddenly hugged the man before her closely and began to cry into his chest. “Please, Tristan. I beg you, don't leave me alone.”

He didn't put his arms around her and simply stood still like a pole. “I am going to do this. I am not moved by your tears.”

Ayanna's fingers clung tightly to the fabric of his shirt. “Can I go with you?”

“No.”

“Why not?” She looked up at him and tried her best to put on puppy dog eyes, even though she knew it would not defeat the cold man.

“I want to be alone with Aven not you.” He grabbed her upper arms and gently pushed her away. Sitting back down on the couch, he turned the television on.

Ayanna knew she was being clingy and crazy, but she quickly sat down beside him and place her head on his shoulder. She remained silent as they watched television together, but her mind ran through several plans as she tried to think of a way to make this man her own.

The door to the unit upstairs opened and Noah stepped into the kitchen. Aven was washing the dishes before she would help her sister make dinner. Since she had talked to her sister about working as Tristan's assistant, Ayanna had disappeared downstairs and hadn't surfaced yet.

“Dinner is running late?” Noah looked at his watch and then at the clock on the microwave to ensure that it was the right time.

“Yes.” She responded and continued to finish the dishes up. It looked like Ayanna hadn't done them since lunch time the day before.

The awkwardness was thick in the air as Noah stood beside the table and tried to pretend he was busy, but all he had to do was play with the salt and pepper shakers. He tried to think over different topics to bring up and break the silence, but he knew that Aven was in no mood to play games with him.

The basement door opened and soon after Tristan and Ayanna appeared. As soon as the blonde man saw that Aven was washing dishes, he moved quickly to her side and began to help her dry them off.

Noah looked briefly at the two standing by the sink, but his eyes were mostly on Aven. He then turned his attention to Ayanna, who was also watching the two people doing chores. “How's it going, Ayanna?”

She smiled at him. “Alright.” A plan came to mind and she wondered if Noah would become jealous if Tristan stole Aven away. “Tristan is going to do a movie.”

“Is he now?” Noah looked over at the other man in the room.

“Eric is coming over tonight with the script.” He told him, but in truth he wanted Aven to know in hopes that she would want to see it and spend some time with him.

“Is he?” Aven asked rhetorically. “Can I see it?”

Tristan nodded. His heart was beating so quickly from his victory that he almost dropped a dish, but managed to regain his composure.

“Aven is going to be his assistant and they are both going to go onto the set together. They might not film nearby, so it will be just you and I for a while.” Ayanna's heart filled with excitement when she watched Noah quickly look at the two washing the dishes and then back at her. She had hoped that was jealousy even though she couldn't really tell.

“Scott called.” Aven spoke before Noah could confirm Ayanna's hopes. “He says he is bringing the television over right now, so he should be here soon.” Though it was a sentence, Aven had spoke it in the form of a question as if to ask what that meant.

“Oh yeah!” Ayanna clasped her hands together. “Tristan, my friend Scott got a new television and he asked if I wanted the old one. It's really nice and I thought you would like it, since the one you have downstairs is so dinky and old.”

“The one I have is fine.” He spoke with annoyance in his voice as he put away a glass baking dish in the drawer underneath the stove.

Aven chuckled. “Oh please, that thing is a piece of shit. Besides Scott buys only top of the line and replaces his crap every few months. It's guaranteed to be a partically new television. Just take it.”

He nodded like a good little puppy following orders. “Then I guess I'll use it.”

The younger sister didn't like that it took Aven in order to get the man she loved to accept something from her. Of course, this was more from Scott but she had asked for it when he told her that he was getting rid of it.

As Aven and Tristan finished up the dishes, Noah and Ayanna fell into silence. They both stood and watched the chore to completion. Ayanna was filled with jealousy and Noah could only feel pity for the woman beside him. It somehow felt that they were both alone in the room with four people, but that Aven and Tristan were not.

The doorbell rang and startled the onlookers, they both laughed off their heart racing experience before Ayanna made her way to answer the door.

Scott helped Tristan bring the television set downstairs. He had no idea that the television was going to Ayanna's so called boyfriend and felt somewhat betrayed that she hadn't told him. Of course, he would have given it to her anyway had he known. He often bought items for himself and only used them for a couple of months before telling Ayanna that he was getting rid of it. If she thought that he would just throw it away then she would take things from him.

It was his first time getting a look at the pretty boy. Tristan was more attractive in person than he looked in his photos, even though he didn't seem to offer any kindness in his eyes. He had done some searches online for information about him; mostly just to find reasons to dislike him. There was no shortage of bad rumors about this man. Not only had Tristan beat up a fellow band member, but on several occasions women had accused him of being abusive. No details were ever released and most believed the girl had been bought off.

“Well, I hope you like it.” Scott set the television on the ground after Tristan told him that he would set it up later. He looked at the taller man and wondered how much taller he actually was than him. He wasn't tall enough to be basketball worthy, but he had a good four inches on him.

“Thank you.” The blonde shook the hand that was offered to him even though he seemed to hesitate for a second.

Looking around the apartment, he sighed at how dingy it looked. The overall craftsman work from the construction was very nice, but the furniture in it was just trash. “So, you and Ayanna, huh?” Scott shoved his hands in his pockets.

“I guess.”

The answer caught his attention and he turned to look Tristan in the eyes. “You guess?” It seemed rude to ask but the question was thrown out there and he couldn't take it back.

He shrugged his shoulders as he really didn't know what to say to the other man. He didn't want to upset him and make this man think he had to fight for Ayanna's honor or anything.

Scott wondered for a moment if he could get some answers out of him without it becoming a fight. “Would you mind if I asked you something?” He continued when Tristan simply stared at him. “Do you love her?”

“No.”

The answer was spoken so quickly and bluntly that it made Scott take several emotional steps backwards. “Really? Then why are you with her?”

“I'm not really. She's pushy and delusional. I gave up stopping her because it wasn't worth the effort anymore. If I just let her do what she wants, she eventually leaves me alone.” Tristan stood next to his coffee table and looked the other man directly in the eyes.

Scott was surprised by how honest he was being. “Does she know that?”

“I've said as much, but I told you she's delusional.” Sitting down on the couch, Tristan tossed his arms over the back and sighed. “You got a thing for her?”

He was going to deny it, but since the man had already been so honest with him, he felt it would be rude and make him feel guilty. “Since high school.”

“Take her.” Tristan leaned forward.

“If I had the ability I would have already.” He sighed though he felt somewhat relieved that this relationship would go nowhere for Ayanna. “You want a couch? I got a spare leather one in storage that I am looking to get rid of.” He didn't know why he offered, but it felt like he wanted to treat this guy for not being a real threat.

“How much?” Tristan looked at his ripped cloth couch briefly before turning his attention to the man that now towered over him.

“Free. I just want it gone. Has a bit of a musty odor to it, but I'll bring it by next time I come over.” Scott began to walk toward the stairs. “I'll see you, guy.”

“Yup.”

Aven sneaked into her bedroom and picked up the phone. She didn't know why she didn't want anyone to know she was making a phone call, but it seemed to add a little excitement to her day. She was excited to tell someone about the new adventure that was ahead of her. Picking up the phone, she dug in her nightstand for the number.

Her eyes turned to the clock radio and she tried to figure out the time difference. It would be more where Jeremy was at and she wondered if he would be at work even though it was the weekend. She took a moment to decide which phone number she would call, before she pressed in the numbers.

“Evening.” Jeremy's voice spoke through the phone line. Aven hadn't even said a word, but assumed his caller ID gave her away.

“Morning.” Aven responded and sat down at the end of her bed. “Are you busy?” She had called his home line but didn't know if he had to leave for work soon or not.

“Nope, I am not working today.” He chuckled. “It's nice getting calls from you so often. I feel like I should have gotten into contact with you sooner.”

“I got a new job.” She ignored his last sentence. “Well, I am going to have one soon. I hope. Tristan, one of our tenants, remember him?”

“Boy band guy, yeah.” He was sitting on his couch and had turned off the television before he answered her call.

“He's going to be in a movie and I asked to be his assistant, so I'll be able to get out of the house whenever filming starts.” Aven laid back on her bed and allowed her feet to dangle over the edge. Her toes barely touches the soft carpet, but she tried to rub them gently over it.

“That's great!” His enthusiasm was short lived however. “This is to run away from that Noah guy, isn't it?”

She cleared her throat and sat up immediately. “I just need to get away from him for a while. I think some time apart will help me clear my head. He was right all along. We said it wouldn't be anything but physical and I tried to change it. Noah isn't the bad guy. I am the one who screwed up everything.”

“I don't know why you got involved in that type of relationship anyway. You aren't that kind of person. You had to know that eventually you would evolve feelings for him.” Standing up from his couch, he began to pace around.

“At the time, I felt that my emotions were so dead that it didn't matter anymore. I just wanted to be able to pretend my past wasn't constantly on my mind for a little while. Noah helped me accomplish that, but soon it became about helping him forget too.” She too stood up and began to walk back and forth in her small bed room. “Then I got it into my mind that maybe our mutual assistance could actually turn into more than it was. We got too close with each other.”

Jeremy exhaled. “Well, at least you were able to find out the truth before you were too hurt by it. Do you know when you are going to be filming?”

“No, Eric, the agent, is coming over tonight to talk to Tristan about the movie and all the scheduling. At least, I hope that's why he is coming if nothing else he is dropping off the script. The earlier they start filming the better. I just want to get out of here and breathe a little.” She chuckled lightly as she sat back down on the bed.

“When I get back, I'll take you wherever you want to go as well.” Jeremy had heard her sit down since her bed springs creaked in the background.

She smiled gently. “Thanks. I'll hold you to it.”

“We have a lot of time to make up for, so expect me to practically live at your house for a while.” He teased.

Aven opened her mouth to speak but looked at the door when she heard a knock. The door slowly opened and Tristan stuck his head inside. “Eric is here.”

“I have to go, Jeremy. I'll call you later.” She hung up the phone without allowing the man on the other end to say his goodbyes.

Scott passed a man with a long black ponytail on his way up from the basement, and as he entered into the living room Aven pushed passed him. The eldest sister gave him a short greeting and an apology before she followed the man with the ponytail downstairs. It made him curious as to what was going on in the basement now that he had left it.

Ayanna had come from the hallway and smiled at him as she made her way over to the couch. She motioned for him to come and join her before she sat down.

“They are having a little meeting.” She chuckled to herself and tried to downplay her jealous emotions.

“You didn't tell me that the TV was for your boyfriend.” Scott sat down beside her and crossed his ankle over his knee as he cuddled his back up against the cross section where the armrest meets the rest of the couch.

Raising her eyebrow, she looked at him. “Is that a problem?” She had thought that he might not be willing to give it to her if he knew that it was going to someone else, though Scott had never denied her anything in the past.

“No, but you made it sound like it was for you. I dislike being surprised, you know that.” He cleared his throat when he noticed Ayanna's temper starting to flare in her eyes. “He seems like a nice enough guy.”

Her anger meter quickly fell with the change in topics. “Did he? I didn't expect him to talk much with you. Tristan isn't much for superficial conversation.”

“He was talkative enough.” Scott didn't realize the jealousy that he was creating within the woman beside him, as she barely got much out of Tristan at all. “I even offered to give him my spare leather couch. I'll bring that the next time I come around.” He was willing to give the boy band star anything if that meant he had more reasons to come over to this house.

“That was nice of you.” Ayanna's thoughts were still stuck on their conversation. She wanted to know what it was they had been talking about but she couldn't think of a configuration of words that wouldn't make her seem nosy.

“Do you want to do something special this weekend? I've been thinking about flying up to...”

“I can't.” She cut him off and adjusted the way she was sitting on the couch, so she could face him more clearly. “Tristan plans on doing a movie soon, and I want to spend every waking second that I can with him. Eventually he's going to be gone for a long while and I want to make sure I get my fill.” She smiled and playfully winked, though she knew the real reason for wanting to hog Tristan's time was much more selfish.

“A movie, really?”

She nodded.

“When does he leave?”

Ayanna shrugged her shoulders. “I have no idea. This is something that I just learned about today. Eric, his agent, is here to work out the details, I suspect.”

“The guy with the ponytail?” He didn't need an answer. Scott's heart pounded with excitement to know that for a short period of time, he would be the only man in her life. Tristan would be out of the way and he wished he could hope for 'out of sight, out of mind.' “How long will he be gone?”

“I told you; I don't know any of the details. As far as I know, it will be a couple months. That's normal for filming a movie, isn't it?” She sighed as she leaned back on the couch. “It'll be lonely around here.”

Scott nudged her shoulder with his own. “You can always come over and hang out with me some more. I always enjoy your company.”

“Speaking of which. Do you have more hours that I could be working? I don't mind running errands for the girls or anything like that. I just need to make some money just in case.”

“Just in case what?”

“Oh, I didn't tell you, did I?” She tried to look excited. “Aven will be Tristan's assistant on set.”

Eric handed the printed script over to Tristan who was sitting on the couch. His agent preferred to stand while he was doing business and crossed his arms as his actor looked over the script.

“It's the quickest movie I could get you in. Their lead wanted out but was stuck in the contract, but if you are willing to do the part then they will release him.”

Tristan looked up from the papers that he was just glancing over. “When does filming start?”

“In two weeks. You'll have to go down to Florida for a couple months. This is an independent film with a small budget, so don't get any hopes of it becoming a national success or anything.” Eric looked over his shoulder as Aven was coming down the stairs, and then quickly passed him to sit on the couch. They both gave each other a brief look of acknowledgment.

“What's it about?” Aven asked the man sitting next to her.

Tristan didn't really know and looked up at his agent.

“Well, that's where this might get a little bit too much for you, Tristan. The story is about a guy who has been with the same girl since he was in high school. She is pushing for him to get married and have children, but he has never been with anyone except her. Eventually, he breaks up with her and starts sleeping around with other women.” He cleared his throat. “There will be several nude scenes and a great deal of kisses with multiple actresses. I think I counted over twenty in this version of the script.”

The blonde glared at the papers in his hand and he felt his heart beginning to race. “There is nothing else?”

“The only other one I could find is six months from now, but you could do that and still do this one.” Eric tried to send a signal through his eyes to Aven in order to get her to join the conversation.

“The best way to get over your fears is just submerge yourself in what you are afraid of.” She spoke after several moments of silence. Aven gave her best smile. “I am going to be going with you and that's scary enough for me, but I want to grow as a person and I have to face this in order to move forward. So, let's both do this and grow together.”

Every ounce of Tristan wanted to throw the script across the room and tell them that there was no way he would be in some high quality porn. However, whenever his eyes met Aven's, his heart wasn't so afraid since he knew she would finally be his alone for a time.

Aven folded her hands together in front of her face as is she were about to pray. “Please, Tristan, please.” She knew that this was out of character for her, but she also knew that it might manipulate him if she attempted to be somewhat cute. It had worked on other men in her past, though she never tried it on Noah.

Tristan sighed. “See if they will edit some of the scenes. I don't want any sex scenes, but I guess I can deal with kissing and nudity.”

Eric pressed his lips together. “The director was adamant that you would have to do a couple sex scenes. I already discussed this with him, but he promised that they would be quick and tastefully done.”

He turned his attention to the woman beside him and looked at her eyes that were still begging him to do this. Tristan wondered what he hoped to accomplish by being alone with her and if this was really worth it. He could simply wait six months, but it hadn't taken very long for Noah to snatch her away, so what was stopping anyone else? He was too impatient to wait to be alone even if he was terrified of doing these scenes. Besides wouldn't overcoming his fears be attractive to a woman, especially when she was doing the same?

“Fine,” He was interrupted when Eric and Aven both squealed with joy. “but the director better be prepared for as little takes as possible.”

“I will try to work with him to make it as comfortable as possible for you.” Eric told him as Aven stood up from the couch. The agent quickly wrapped his arms around her and briefly jumped. “Thank you.” He whispered in her ears and didn't notice the man on the couch staring at him with jealousy in his eyes.

Noah sat in his room as he typed what he hoped would be a quick enough novel up. His eyes felt heavy and after a few moments, he realized that he had been paying attention to how he was wording himself. He looked over the last couple of paragraphs and chuckled.

“Look at this. This makes no sense, can you get me some coffee?” He highlighted the paragraphs with his mouse and hit the delete button, before he realized he had just been talking to no one.

Looking over his shoulder, he stared briefly at where Aven would usually lay on his bed. This wasn't the first time that he had talked to her, especially in a sleepy state. Exhaling, he ran his hand through his hair and cursed himself internally. He was just use to having her around, it wasn't like he missed her was something he told himself every time that it occurred.

Standing up, he decided to get his own coffee but found that he was out of bottled water. He would have to fill it up in the kitchen since he hated the way the bathroom water tasted. Heading down the stairs, he opened the door with his plastic gallon jug in hand.

As soon as the door opened, he found Ayanna sitting at the table struggling to open a bottle of Chardonnay. When she heard him enter the room, she looked up at him with a smile. “Good, a male of the household has shown themselves. Open this.” She held it out to him.

Placing his gallon jug on the table, Noah took the bottle from her and looked at the corkscrew. “You don't have it deep enough in there.” He looked at the label before he sat it down on the table to twist the corkscrew. “What is this? Looks like a two buck chuck.”

“I don't plan on tasting it too much. It gets you drunk. I would hate to spend money on a good bottle of wine that I don't plan on savoring. Not that I can afford a good bottle.” She rested her elbows on the table and put her head in her hands.

“Anything you want to talk to me about?”

She swallowed the moment the popping noise cork was removed from the bottle. “Tristan and Aven are going to be working together.”

Noah noticed the empty wine bottle in front of her and poured her a glass. “What does that matter?”

“He is going to do a movie, and she is going to go with him as his assistant. She told me earlier that they'll be gone for two months and they are leaving in two weeks.” Ayanna grabbed the wine glasses and quickly drank down the whole glass. She offered it out again for a refill.

Noah poured her another glass before heading to the cabinets to grab his own. He pulled his own brand of wine from the refrigerator that he had opened the night before.

“Don't want my cheap shit?” She giggled when he returned to the table.

“I am not looking to get shit faced.” He smirked as he sat back down.

“I have two more bottles. Can you open them for me before you head upstairs?” She pointed toward the refrigerator behind her with her thumb.

“Sure.” He poured himself a glass and thought over what Ayanna had just told him. “So, it'll be me and you for two months, huh?”

“Looks to be that way.” The third glass was the last one she could get out of the bottle and she simply put the glass down once it was gone.

Noah didn't know how he felt about this. He would be able to be alone with just Ayanna and he was partially thankful for that if not slightly uneasy. However, knowing that Tristan had feelings for Aven made him feel wronged in some way. He decided that it had to be because he didn't want to see Ayanna get hurt.

Ayanna placed her head on the table and sighed. “You know what? Forget about those other bottles. I am just going to cause a scene. Goodnight.”