Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(AU) Chapter 5: Rot Gut

Ophelia sat alone in her new room. The Princess hadn't been at dinner either which had caused Santh to fume some more. Part of her was jealous that Santh spent so much time offering his emotions to Lenore, but she wondered if she could still get in his line of sight. After all, Santh loathed the Princess unless what Remus and the others teased him about was true.

She couldn't believe it was. No man's eyes burn with that much hatred while masking his lust, she decided. Santh actually hated the Princess and that was all there was to it. With a nod, she agreed with her own thoughts.

"Ophelia?" A voice came from the hallway.

"Come in."

Remus pushed the door aside and came to stand in front of her. He looked over the room. Many of her items were pink or a light blue. Her side of the room was very different from Lenore's.

All Lenore had on her walls were maps and other items that would help her in her studies, while Ophelia had pictures of flowers and sunny skies. Lenore's blankets were school issued and gray, but Ophelia's were white sheets with a pink blanket. He imagined it would be much the same if he looked into her closet.

He looked down at the girl who was sitting on the bottom bunk with her legs pulled up to her chest. "Have you considered my offer? Now that you are living here, it will make the arrangement even more favorable." Moving to sit next to her on the bed, he watched her body stiffen.

Immediately, Remus stood up and moved to the Princess' bed to allow Ophelia the space she deserved. He wondered if a man had ever shared a bed with her considering the reaction given.

"I have thought about it. My mother said she would gladly send more if we sent money back, but I don't know if I want to use my mother like this."

"She will be sent money to care for herself as well." Remus crossed his legs and put his hands on his knees. "This also benefits you. Once you become an agent of the Fox and a useful source to the students here, don't you think they will tolerate you more during your third and forth years here?"

She swallowed and pushed back the brown lock that had fallen into her face. "Alright, but you have to promise me that you aren't just taking advantage of me."

He placed his hand over his heart, "Of this, I swear." He grinned and she returned it. "What are your plans tomorrow after chores? Shall I show you what I intend?"

She gave a nod, but his attention turned to the woman who was entering the room. Lenore had the hiccups once again. She moved toward her bed, surprisingly aware that she had moved rooms and this was now where she belonged. Lenore ignored that Remus was on her bed and simply slithered in behind him to lay on top of the covers.

"A little early for you to be this drunk, Lenore." Remus turned to look at her, still sitting on the bed.

She grabbed her covers and tried to pull them from under him all while moaning and whimpering.

Remus didn't move. "I take it you won't be joining us in the morning."

Lenore's eyes were barely opened and she continued to whine about the blankets, until she had enough. Reaching out she smacked Remus on his lower back and the expose bottom he had while sitting. As he stood up, she continued to smack his bottom until he turned around holding onto his stinging flesh. Pulling up her blankets, Lenore covered herself and turned her back to the man.

Turning his attention to Ophelia, he looked shocked. "It seems our dear Princess is not in a playful mood this afternoon."
Ophelia smirked and tried not to giggle.

"Tomorrow then?"

She nodded her head. "Good night."

---***---

In a dank basement room sat dirty pots and cauldrons that needed to be scrubbed to perfection. Everyone from the unmentionable's dorm, except Lenore, stood in the doorway and stared at the filled room. They had been handed buckets and scrubbing pads and told where to go, but the mess had made even the most hardened of them drop their head.

"It's like the servants aren't even trying to clean them anymore." Remus spoke exasperated.

"Why would they?" Santh turned his attention to his friend. "They know were are coming every rest day."

Jolon was the first to step forward and really be among the large amounts of molded or simply burnt pots. "This will take all day." He threw the bucket down beside him. "How are we ever going to have any rest like this?"

Routine cleared his throat, "Organization, and working together. Santh, Jolon, and Anton will do the deep cleaning. The three of you are well built and have better endurance then the rest of us. Remus and I will soak, rinse, and perfect."

"What about me?" Ophelia asked pushing her way through the boys and looked at that man who was acting like he was in charge of all this.

Routine thought for a moment, "It seems unfair that you be involved this rest day. Having only moved in the night before."
She frowned, "I want to help. The faster we get this done, the faster I'll be able to get my business set up."

He gave a nod, "Very well, you will assist Remus and myself."

"I still don't see how we are going to get this done in one day." Jolon's discouragement moved onto to Anton, who agreed with a nod.

"We have accomplished this task many times over with just Santh, Remus, and myself with more then four hours left in our rest day. With our team doubled, I am certain this task can be completed in half the time." Routine took his bucket over to the water pump.

Remus turned to Ophelia, "We will find the easiest pots for them to scrub first, then boil water in the hardest to scrub for them to get to later."

Everyone lined up for their own bucket of water, before they all set out on their assigned tasks. There was very little said during the process, except for the odd comments that Santh spoke about how he would like to cause harm to the Princess.

Remus joined in from time to time, but he wasn't truly upset. After all, he knew that the Princess was off doing work that he had assigned her and was willing to be indisposed on his rest day for the amount of money she would earn him. No classes or lunches to interfere with his prized mule moving his wares around.

"Do we get lunch?" Ophelia asked when she felt a rumble in her stomach.

"They will bring it down for us." Remus told her as they both moved a large cauldron to stand over the fire, before they began to fill it.

It would be a process that they would do over and over. Fill the cauldrons and pots, boil them, let them cool, then dump them so the water could run down the drain. Ophelia wondered how she would be able to do anything after all this manual labor. It was only half way through the day and already she was ready for a nap. She could now see why Santh was so jaded about the Princess, but something still told her that it could be changed. The Princess was a good person and she knew it.

---***---

It was well after noon when the chore was completed, Anton and Jolon were too exhausted to explore the hamlet around the school. Santh had disappeared but he didn't bother to explain where he was going, and Routine went to the library to study.
Remus smiled down at Ophelia as the others walked away from them. "I have a quick task that I need to complete before we begin."

"I'll come with you."

He waved his index finger back and forth while making tsk sound. "I am afraid this is Fox business. One of the rules of working for the Fox is that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Understand?"

She didn't, but she gave a nod in response. He didn't want her to come with him, she didn't know why he didn't just explain it simply enough. "Then I'll meet you at the dorms when you are ready." Running at full throttle, she hurried toward the group heading toward the dorms. "Wait! I'm coming with you!"

Remus grinned and began to make his way toward the royal dorms. Enough time had gone by that he knew he could lay the first seeds in the Prince's mind.

Making his way through the gates, the Mondues didn't even bother to check if he belonged. Of course, they knew who he was and that the Royal Dorms were open to him. Ophelia had been right when she said that these dorms were open for him to take a room in. Any of the royals would love for him and his services to be that close.

He liked the feeling of power he had here, but knew eventually his small world would become the larger one. One day he would just be the second son to the Merchant Guild leader. A tool for his older brother to use at his will. However, for now he was the Fox.

His great grandfather had invented the Fox at the university and every family member that came took over the responsibilities, and when there was no family member a previous Fox would care for the organization until one arrived. Remus' brother damn near ruined the whole operation by being caught, but his father had been able to put gold into many hands which effectively shut the mouths. Of course, the beauty of the Fox was that every decade or so, there was a new leader of the organization and a new way of doing business.

The only time his father ever praised him was when he got the reports on how well the operation was going. Other then that Remus' father was wrapped up in teaching his brother how to take over. He had never been given much of his father's attention, unless it was to teach him about his roll when he became an adult and of course about earning as much money as possible.
Coming to stand in front of the Prince's study, he knocked and found Enoch was the one that answered. "It's the merchant fella."

Remus could see the Prince studying at his desk, and when he turned his head to look the young man's eyes lit up.

"Remus, do come in." Lesatan stood from his seat and motioned for him to sit down in the chair in front of his desk. "I hope you have good news. Would you like a drink?"

He waved his hand to the suggestion, "I do have some information, but unfortunately your sister is quite the clever one. She seems to have caught a couple of our spies and gave them the slip. However, we are certain she is meeting a man."

"A man? Romantically, you mean?" Krius was sitting on the ground near the fire with a book on his lap.

Remus gave a nod to answer, and then returned his attention to the Prince. "It appears that they rendezvous after classes and stay together for the entire evening. I am unable to give you an identity of the man at this time, so I ask for your patience."
Leaning back in his chair, Lesatan tapped his finger tips together. "She wouldn't be running around behind my back if it was someone that I approved of."

"Shouldn't we be more worried that she is with someone at all? I have been promised her hand." Krius stood from his position and came to stand next to the desk.

"Yes, and you have yet to make any headway on that matter. My father has spoken it plainly, he will not force my sister to marry as long as she remains in school." Lesatan slammed his hand on the desk as he glared up at Krius. "If you want a relationship with her, then it must be at her will."

Remus stood from his chair. "Milord, I shall return when I have more information. This is obviously a conversation that I should not be privy too." As much as he wanted to remain, he needed to give the illusion that he was being polite and loyal.
Lesatan nodded, "Very well. Journey well, Remus."

---***---

Lenore walked into The Enchantress. The drinking den always smelt like pickled eggs and vomit. The whole building was made of worn wood but still looked better then her dorm. This was not the nice drinking den, but instead where one could get cheap drinks. Few women dared to enter unless they were there to sell themselves to the low lives that frequented the place.
Lenore liked it. The bar stood to the left with glasses and plates stacked up in the back. An older woman with missing teeth and wearing an eye patch was pouring the drinks. Elsa was her name and Lenore was certain the woman had been a pirate in her past, or at least she liked to believe it as it made her more exotic. The rest of the bar was full of familiar, unshaven faces. Some were still drinking, others were laying on the circular tables. There was no music, just the sounds of drunks talking loudly and spreading lies about their glory days.

Sitting down at the bar, Elsa winked at her with her one good eye. The woman always wore pants with a bell sleeve shirt and then a blue apron over it. She was portly and her gray hair was thin and pulled back into a tight ponytail.

"The usual rot gut, Lenny?" Her hoarse voice asked.

Lenore tapped the bar to signal for her drink when she noticed sitting two seats down from her was another student. This particular student had his head on the bar with his back turned. His dark brown hair was pulled into a pony tail and his red tabard was laying on the bar next to him. She scooted down and poked his shoulder then smiled when his head turned to look at her.

"This isn't your usual watering hole, Santh." She leaned her elbow against his shoulder and rested her head on her hand.

Elsa put the drink in front of her. "Came in but a few hours ago. Been ranting about some girl and how she ruined him."

"Aww, you sure do think about me a lot." Lenore took a swig and then tapped the bar again for another round.

Santh's eyes seemed to be adjusting to his surroundings. His eyes lit up when he saw the person sitting next to him. "Let me tell you something." He sat up and leaned in. "Let me tell you something. There is a girl... this girl she is awful. She doesn't stand for roll call. She doesn't come to meals. And who gets in trouble for it? Me... uh, us."

"Not slurring, you can't be that drunk." Lenore drank the shot in front of her. "He's been in here all day, Elsa?"
The large woman was pouring drinks and gave a nod. "Pretty much. He's gone through three bottles of rot gut all to himself."
"Impressive."

Elsa grinned. "I think you have made it to two."

Turning her attention back to Santh, she realized that he was still talking and hadn't stopped the entire time.

"...kissing me, and trying to make me think she likes... hic... likes me. She's tricky. But I won't be fooled!" He yelled and shoved his hand into the air. "Another drink."

"I think you are done, Santh. Let me take you home." She stood up and pulled his arm over her shoulder. "Elsa, can I pay you tomorrow?"

She waved the girl away.

Helping Santh down the street, she listened to him rant some more about her. As they approached the university gates, the Mondue guards raised their eyebrows at the sight.

"I am just as shocked by this as you are." Lenore told them as they stepped forward to help her with the man. They brought him as far as the bench but wouldn't go any further into the woods.

The sounds of the crickets filled the dark night as she helped him down the path and into his empty dorm room. Everyone seemed to be in the back room drinking mead. "Well, this is quite the roll reversal." She brushed some loose hairs off his forward. Santh seemed to have fallen asleep the moment his head hit the pillow.

Stepping out into the hallway, she walked back toward her dorm. Ophelia jumped up in the storage room when she saw her. "Hey, Lenore! Care to join us?" She asked when it seemed like the Princess' wasn't that drunk.

"That stuff gives me an awful headache. Maybe another time." She slid into her dorm room.

Ophelia looked down at Anton and Jolon. "She passed up alcohol? I wonder if she is feeling ill."

Remus was sitting in the back of the room, checking inventory. "She has her moods, she's fine. Alright, no more for anyone. You are costing me a fortune!"

---***---

Lenore had woken up early that morning and met her brother at the gates of the Royal Dorms as the Mondues prepared their armor and weapons in the courtyard. Lesatan was also dressed in the similar leather armor with his chest piece and leggings, but he had the sign of the Royals on his chest and a sword at his hip.

"Is all this necessary?" She asked as Krius came to stand next to her brother. She lowered her head almost immediately as the man glared down at her.

"We are raiding the dorms, so yes." Her brother informed her. "I suspect you are joining us this morning to offer advisement."
Lenore had a difficult time looking at her brother as she felt Krius' stare. She had no idea what had been done to earn his ire. "I just wanted to ensure that the standard protocols are followed. Flipping mattresses, going through closets, this has to be done thoroughly."

"I would not be doing this if I planned to give only half measures." He leaned against the gate as he waited for the Mondue guards to finish preparing. Armand was explaining what the goal of this raid was to them. "Shall you be joining us?"
She slowly she shook her head, "No, I do not wish to be associated with this."

"And why not?"

Lenore turned her head to look into her brother's green eyes. "Two fold. Father must think that this was all your doing, and the students need to think that this was all your doing. If I am involved then my motives in joining you now will become suspect. Our past at this school doesn't exactly paint a loving sibling relationship."

"Ah, so your reputation as the bad girl is at stake. I see." He gave a nod, "Very well."

Enoch joined them. "Goin' burn a hole in her head, Krius."

Lesatan looked up at his tall adviser and offered a deep frown. He knew that Krius had been pouting since he heard of Lenore's love affair, but now was not the time to bring the issue up. Not when she was assisting him in gaining his father's favor.

They stood in silence for a moment as Krius left the group and Enoch followed. Lesatan looked over to his sister, and could see a hint of a bruise on her face. He had left it there earlier that week, "Did I injure you much?"

Lenore went from watching the Mondues to looking at her brother questioningly. Lifting his hand, Lesatan gently touched her cheek with the back of his knuckle which seemed to bring the memory to mind. She covered her cheek and looked away.
"Bit my cheek, but all is well." It had hurt to talk and drink this past week, but she wasn't about to admit that to him.

Lesatan watched his sister's face and a ting of regret entered his heart. He cleared his throat before speaking. "You shouldn't speak ill of me in public and you wouldn't have to be so painfully punished."

The look of sadness faded and Lenore's anger for her brother returned. "That's what this whole raid is about, isn't it?"
He didn't respond and instead they both watched the Mondues finish up. Other than the talking between the guards and the clanking of weapons there was little noise that filled the night sky, but the silence between brother and sister was thick.
"We are ready, milord." Armand informed him.

The Prince took point and quickly lead the group of guards toward the girls' dorm. Armand lingered behind and looked to the Princess.

"What is your real reason for doing this?"

Lenore smirked up at the man. "My reasons are my own. What do you care when this benefits your lord?"

Armand half-heartedly grinned, he patted her shoulder before heading out with the group. Lenore watched them all clank off, before stretching her arms up and yawning. "Time for work."

---***---

When his eyes had opened that morning, he couldn't remember how he had arrived home. Santh's last memories were of the drinking den and now he laid in his own bed. Going outside, he took roll call and then began to wash himself. He noticed that once again Lenore was not among them, and that Ophelia took her basin to the other side of the dorms.
"When did I arrive home last night?" Santh asked his dorm mates.

The four men looked between themselves and everyone shrugged their shoulders. It was Remus who finally answered. "You were asleep in bed when I retired about midnight."

"Hmm." He grunted. "I don't remember walking home."

When Ophelia reappeared the group set out for the dining hall. "What is for breakfast today, Routine?" She asked as they made their way down the path.

"My name is Byron, not Routine. On this day, it is normally fruits, nuts, and a random cream. I believe whatever one can be purchased for the lowest cost."

"It is strange not having the Princess in our room anymore." Anton announced, changing the subject.

"She only boarded with you for a week, I hardly see how any time of routine took place or comfort was established." Routine seemed to be the one taking it the hardest however. Anton had noticed that even now he didn't allow one of them to take over the Princess' bed. It was as if he was waiting for her return. Even the curtain remained up.

"How is she as your roommate?" Anton asked Ophelia.

"She keeps odd hours, but she doesn't seem..." Her voice trailed off when they cleared the woods. In the garden court stood a large gathering of students. All eyes were turned toward the distance of the girls' dorm.
"What's going on?" Ophelia asked Santh.

"I don't know, I've seen as much as you have."

Remus moved toward the group and tapped a random third year on the shoulder. When the skinny, Souchan boy looked at him, he propose the same question that Ophelia had asked.

"Prince Lesatan raided the girls' dorm last night. Seems some boys were caught and will be expelled, as well as some girls who harbored the boys in their rooms. All sorts of contraband were collected." The boy informed them then returned to staring toward the horizon.

Remus walked back to the others. "Interesting."

"Why is that? The place was a cesspool, it's about time something occurred." Santh snorted.

"That is not what I find interesting. It's our Princess' bizarre behavior." He tapped his chin. It had bothered him a great deal when Lenore had gone to the Royal Dorms without his knowledge as to why. He feared that his days of having a prized mule would soon be over. "She brings Ophelia to our dorms, she visits the Royal Dorms, and now suddenly Lesatan cares of the goings on in that dorm."

"You think Lenore had something to do with this?" Jolon questioned. "She doesn't seem the type to get involved."

"I don't care who did it or why." Ophelia spoke up. If it was the Princess, she didn't want other people to overhear them speaking. After all, if Lenore was involved there was a reason she didn't want others to know. "That place was misery incarnate. I hope all those involve suffer."

"As if the Princess would do anything for others." Santh rolled his eyes. "I'm going to breakfast." He pushed passed the people that were blocking the court.

As he emerged from the group, he noticed a figure in the distance. She was leaning against the tree near the gates, and one of the Mondue guards was speaking with her. He offered her a scroll, which she read and then handed back to him with a nod. As the guard walked away, Lenore turned and made direct eye contact with Santh.

With a swallow, she walked over to him, her back stiff as she tried to make herself look confident. "Hey, lover, sleep well? Or more appropriately, did you wake up well? You were quite drunk last night."

Santh ignored the pet name that she called him. "You brought me home?"

She laughed briefly. "You sure do talk a lot about me when you've been drinking. I think you might be harboring deep seeded emotions for me."

"The only emotions that I harbor are those of hatred."

Lenore wrapped her arms around his own. "Escort me to the dining hall?"

He yanked his arm from her grasp and glared down at her. "Insufferable woman, unhand me." He began to storm off down the path with Lenore jogging close behind him.

"Wait for me, my love!"

---***---

In the grassy court of the girls' dorm sat over twenty men and woman. They were placed on their knees with their hands tied behind their backs and made to hunch over. There were males found in the dorms and females either harboring them or in possession of contraband.

Lesatan stood in the court with his hand behind his back as he glared over the students. He didn't offer a hand in the raid but instead watched over it. Krius and Enoch entered with the guards to ensure that every thing went by protocol as his sister had warned. Armand was with the Souchans that were taking the names of the students and the charges that were against them.
Those that were not yet in trouble were lined up against the walls as they waited for their rooms to be raided. When they were cleared they were sent to the dining hall or to be amongst the rest of those watching the process outside the gate.

The court that once held trees, flowers, and a fountain now looked like a refugee ward. Many of the girls were crying even if they were not yet tied up, and most assumed it was because they would find something in their room. Though the air was fresh and scented by the nearby gardens, the agony was thick in this particular area of the campus.

A Mondue guard approached the Prince. "I spoke with her, milord. She agreed to meet with you after classes."
Lesatan gave a nod, "Speak nothing of her involvement."

The guard bowed before returning to his other duties.

"Look at this filth!" The Prince screamed to the crowds while he motioned toward the row of students. "Such debauchery occurring in our school and for generations a blind eye has been turned. Girls forgetting that this is a school to learn and not a building created for them to find their match. Are these really the women we want as our wives and the mothers of our children?"
The crowd that could hear him shouted, "No!"

"This is a university with principles and yet no school leader has ever addressed the brothel on our own school grounds!" He turned to the girls who were kneeling on the ground. "Whores! Every last one of them!"

The crowd cheered.

"And the males who prey on the hopes and dreams of these girls, lie to them so they may lie with them? Bastards every last one of them!" Lesatan looked away from the prisoners and back to the crowd. "A swift punishment must be passed out with a heavy hand. Therefore, we shall expel every student who finds themselves on their knees today. No more will the girls' dorm or female education be a mockery of our school!"

Armand walked over to the Prince once he was finished with his speech. "Excellent speech. However, do you truly mean to make female education a priority?"

Lesatan snorted. "For the two years they are here, the least they can do is put in as much work into their studies as the males do. I grow ill knowing that the girls pass with less expectation. We might as well simply pretend they came to school and hand them their degree."

"You may win Lenore over if you brought more tolerance to women staying here longer then the allotted two years."
He snickered. "Women do not need more than two years."

"Lenore has been studying for three, milord. Should she be scared out of the school?" Armand crossed his arms.
Lesatan sucked on his bottom lip briefly. "Of course, one of my advisers need stay the entire eight years." With that he walked away, once more disliking the mysterious Armand.

---***---

Professor Thiach's class worked quietly after the short lecture that they were given. One of the difficulties of the class was that Thiach preferred making his students teach themselves and each other over taking a more direct approach. So, often the class was silent as whatever was written on the board was worked on, though an occasional whispered question from one students to another was heard.

In the back, Santh sat behind his desk and looked at Lenore who was sitting next to Jolon. The first year would lean toward her from time to time while asking a question, and Lenore would explain the answer to him. Jolon would then smile and return to his own desk.

Santh wondered about the Mondue guard he had seen talking to Lenore, and Remus' theory that she had something to do with cleaning up the girls' dorm. It was all the students were talking about that day. Even some of the professors were forced to weigh in on the topic during classes when students would ask if the Prince could do certain acts or not.

He had been at this school for five years, and it had been Remus who convinced him to come to the unmentionable's dorm with him. He remembered that Lenore was a first year and had been in the dorms for nearly a month before he moved in. She didn't talk to him and he wasn't too interested in talking to her, after all the Royal Party is the worst part of the whole corrupted system. Yet, he did wonder why the Princess was there.

For the first couple months, Lesatan would send people to ask for her presence and she would decline politely enough. Then she seemed to become annoyed by the constant attempts both at her dorm and during her meals and classes. However, she never missed roll call nor caused him any issues so while he disliked her party, and while she was reserved with him, he didn't mind having her around too much. Even if she and Routine created quite the strange friendship.

It wasn't until half way through the first year that she started skipping roll call and meals. He assumed that it was simply a matter of time before she learned she could without any repercussions to her. The soft spoken, reserved Princess seemed to become a hellion drunk over night.

He hadn't thought about the first version of the Princess in a while. She was always polite and shy, and he wondered where that one had disappeared to. It didn't matter neither version of the Princess was strong enough or had the desire to fix the girls' dorms. She and her brother were constantly at each other's throats, so he was certain that they would never work together. What exactly did she get out of helping? Something didn't add up as long as Lenore was part of the equation not that it made much sense for Lesatan to care either.

"She is very pretty, Santh, but perhaps you should return to your studies." Professor Thiach announced to the class.
Santh looked up at his professor and cleared his throat, "Yes, sorry."

Lenore looked over her shoulder at the now bright red face of her dorm mate. There were a couple other girls in the class, but she smirked. Santh looked up at her briefly to see if she was looking and she was. When they made eye contract, Lenore gave batted her butterfly eyes and wave her hand in front of her face before blowing him a kiss. In his uncertainty, he lifted his book and placed it before his face.

All he could think to himself that the damn Princess was getting to him, and he cursed her name under his breath.

---***---

In the weeks that followed, Anton and Jolon learned a great deal in their battle classes. Lenore and Santh seemed more than willing to teach them both how to use the weapons. Even if their methods were different they were both patient teachers with the students at least, Santh lost his temper whenever Lenore seemed to defy his teaching style.

The fighting became so much that the two freshmen would often find themselves battling each other. One using Lenore's teachings and the other using Santh's. Neither seemed to be more effective, but of course the loser's teacher would always blame the student for not following instructions perfectly.

Arms-Professor Mego did teach the class for half of it, and then allowed the older students to not only refresh themselves but teach the younger students. Lesatan and Armand didn't bother much with teaching any of the other students except the one Royal Party freshmen. Mostly they sparred with each other but the professor didn't seem to care in the least.

"Alright, gather round." Mego clapped his hands together. "The first tournament of the year is approaching. The prize has yet to be decided, but I hear the Headmaster is working to ensure that it is well worth the effort."

The students all clapped, except for those from the unmentionable's dorm.

"Remember you need five people to participate in the games. Good luck, and start training now. Get washed up and ready for your next class if you have one." Mego looked at the group of students in the back.

Lenore and the others from the unmentionable's dorm began to use the water basins set up away from the other students, they would then change in the inner rooms.

"I assume your dorm won't be participating this time either." Mego asked them, but it was Santh who decided to speak for them.
"Most likely not, Arms-Professor."

"The last couple of years your excuse has been that you only have four in your dorm, but I hear this year there is an added three. I am curious to know what your excuse is now." He leaned against the clean wood of the arena and crossed his arms.
"Remus would never agree and the freshmen are far too green at this point to risk." Santh explained.

"And you, Princess?"

Lenore was drying her face with a towel. "Lack of desire."

Mego's large frame inhaled deeply and exhaled through his nose as he watched the Princess at the end of the basin line. "You are an excellent combatant, Lenore. I know I trained you myself. I even came to be a professor here so that I could continue training you and your brother, and yet I see your brother try and win these tournaments and you simply sit out."

Jolon and Anton looked to the Princess unaware that she had a past with their professor.

"I am not in the Royal Dorms." She explained.

"The unmentionable's have enough members now if you are willing to join." He stood up showing that even Santh was short compared to him.

Santh also looked curious of her answer, though he already knew that she simply didn't care about their dorm and any relief that winning the tournament could bring to them.

Lenore tossed the towel over her shoulder. "Imagine Lesatan losing to me and the unmentionable's dorm. His wrath would fall down upon not just myself but the entire dorm, so then what do I simply fight then lose so my baby brother doesn't seem weak in the eyes of the school. After all, we know that is what all the other dorms do for him." She walked up to stand in front of Mego. "The Royal Dorms win now that Lesatan is here. There is no reason to participate in them, the winners have already been decided."

She tried to walk around her professor, but he put his large hand on the top of her head. "Perhaps, you can change that after all you are every bit as powerful as your brother. We have all seen that first hand." He was referring to the girls' dorm, but he didn't want to make it too obvious to her friends.

Lenore pushed his hand away. "We both know that isn't true. We've both seen my life. Don't try to pretend the past never happened and I've always been the pretty Princess, Mego."

As she walked toward the inner rooms, Mego folded his arms again and leaned against the wall.

"What did she mean by that?" Santh asked.

The large professor shrugged his shoulders, "Get dressed, class is over."

---***---

Lesatan looked at the man sitting in front of his desk. He was from the Royal Dorms, but his family was hardly a power to be reckoned with, especially by the Prince himself.

Authin Nele was well known throughout the males of the school for his ability to turn anyone to him. Bets had been placed on his seduction ability alone. The man would even take payments to break the heart of any girl for revenge.

He was tall, thin, long blonde hair always well managed, and many claimed he had the face of an angel. Hw wore a Royal attire of a white shirt with a black vest edged with gold trimming and buttons. He looked every bit the way that Lesatan had hoped he would.

Lesatan had called this meeting with him, but had asked his advisers not to join them. He didn't need them there to cause chaos or attempt to talk him out of this path.

"I have never had the pleasure to be in your grace's presence. I am at a loss as to why I would be called here, milord." Authin spoke when the Prince just sat behind his desk and stared at him.

"How would you like to be appointed the newest adviser to your future king." The Prince smirked when Authin leaned forward. "Of course, getting this position will not be an easy feat."

"I shall have to wed your sister." Authin surprised the Prince with his sagacity. "I have heard that she has been quite the difficult one for you these past three years."

Leaning back in his chair, Lesatan nodded. "Indeed she has, but that mare needs to be tamed. Unfortunately, the one I have put in charge of this has failed countless times."

Authin stood up from his chair and began to pace the floor with his hands behind his back. "Hmm. I hear she is quite the wild one and that no man in this school has ever claimed to have anything to do with her. Are we certain that our Princess enjoys the company of men?"

"She is seeing a secret lover which has been identified as male." The Prince informed him. "I want you to turn her heart from him to you. I want her back in these Royal Dorms because she simply can't part from you." Lesatan leaned forward, "Finally, I want this to be the final job you take with these skills."

The blonde's eyebrow lifted. "Are you suggesting that if I accept this then I shall have to remain faithful to your sister when I succeed?"

He gave a firm nod. "I will not have scandal surrounding my sister's relationship. This is the whole reason I want her to give up the lover. I will not simply replace one upset for another. Are we clear?"

Authin sat back down in the chair and thought the offer over careful. "I seduce your sister, convince her to return to her royal way of life, marry her, and at the end of all this I will be granted one of the highest offices in the land?" He cleared his throat as he leaned back. "Surely, I should get other compensation if the relationship fails but I have still accomplished to make her fall for me or return to the dorms."

"As long as the relationship does not fail because you are incapable of keeping your person to one person." Lesatan leaned forward. "Do we have a deal or shall I look elsewhere?"

"I must answer now?"

"You must."

"I have only seen this Lenore from afar, how does she fair?"

Lesatan frowned and brought his brows together. "She is my sister, of course she is a creature of beauty. Do you believe my father could produce one child like myself and his other be of no semblance?"

"I meant no offense, milord. However, she does have a different mother from your own. While you have turned into the attractive man I see before me, but that could have very well be from your mother's side. I have heard nothing but fantastical stories of your mother's beauty."

The Prince seemed to calm down. "My father was not known for taking beasts to bed. Lenore could do with some powder and a nice gown, but she is fair enough."

Authin smirked at the fact that the Prince was so easily manipulated by his words, and hoped that the Princess would be the same. "I accept this task, milord."